#1 2015-04-10 06:47:36

Wisdom

what the map theme of 'abyss of pandemonium' by Impel?

if anybody can help, i wanted to know what the theme is used in abyss of pandemonium maps. those maps are good in quality and not are heavy. sorry for my bad english...

#2 2015-04-10 14:48:53

Icantthinkofanickname

Re: what the map theme of 'abyss of pandemonium' by Impel?

Hi Wisdom, do you mean the texture theme? As I recall, AoP consists mostly of base-, metal/runic- and medieval-themed maps, with some combinations of all three. I believe the AoP team created some new textures for the pack, although they mostly retain a very id-like appearance (some of them may in fact be slight modifications of id textures).

Not sure if this is what you asked about, though, and perhaps someone else is more knowledgeable on the subject...

#3 2015-04-10 22:27:06

Wisdom

do you know any map or mappack with similar theme to AoP level 4 and 5??

#4 2015-04-11 01:01:03

Icantthinkofanickname

Hmm, it's been a while since I've played AoP, so I cannot remember the individual maps that well -- but maybe you're looking for something like this?
For my babies 6 by Mike Woodham
or
Lair of the Dragon Ogre by Death Method

#5 2015-04-11 01:21:01

Wisdom

thks

#6 2015-04-11 21:19:55

Wisdom

i've played this, the texture are too repetitive and is too easy to win, The maps is short, apart from that found resonable...
do you played this??

#7 2015-04-11 21:21:53

Wisdom

i prefered the AoP..

#8 2015-04-11 22:19:27

Icantthinkofanickname

Wisdom wrote:

do you played this??

Yes, I've played fmb6 and dragon (you can see on the fmb6 map page that I left a comment and rating there too). They're not my favourite maps of all time, but I did enjoy both of them. I was trying to think of something that would fit the description of what you're looking for.

The problem is, tastes differ and I do not know what exactly it is that you liked about AoP (I am not a big fan of it myself).

Wisdom wrote:

is too easy to win, The maps is short

If you're looking for maps/episodes that take a little longer to complete, and if you enjoy the vintage id-like aesthetic, why don't you give Beyond Belief a try (if you haven't played it yet)? It is widely considered a classic, and is far superior to AoP in my opinion (but you might disagree).

Other episodes of roughly the same vintage include
Zerstörer
Prodigy Special Edition
Penumbra of Domination

No, I don't personally think these are all equally good, and I cannot guarantee you'll like them either. :)

Other than that, I would suggest (if you're not doing so already) using keywords to search for maps here and using the ratings (both editor's ratings and user ratings) and user comments as an indication of what is probably worth playing. E.g. if you want to play a full episode as opposed to one map, search for the keyword "episode" and pick a few of the highest rated results to download and play.

Board footer