The Quake Injector is a tool to make downloading, installing and playing custom Quake maps (and singleplayer Quake-style mods) easy and convenient. Initially designed by Spirit and written by megaman.
- Simply pick a map, click install and play.
- All the 900+ Quake singleplayer maps from the Quaddicted archive.
- Filter, sort, browse to find your favourite map with regular expressions.
- Automatically installs dependencies (e.g. Quoth).
- Free Open-Source Software, released under the GPL.
- Scan your Quake directory for already installed maps.
- vondur would show you all the maps by Vondur. Or rather, all maps that have the string "vondur" or "Vondur" or even "VoNDuR" anywhere in their title or author fields.
- (vondur|czg) would show you all maps by Vondur and/or czg. | is a logical OR. The parenthesis are for grouping.
- (vondur|czg) 2001 would show you all the maps by Vondur and/or czg that were released in 2001
- (vondur|czg) (200[1-3]) would show you all the maps by Vondur and/or czg that were released in 2001-2003
- On Linux/MacOS and other case-sensitive operating systems there is no engine that can ignore the case of filenames yet. For now you're pretty much on your own, as a lot of maps were packed with mixed case filenames by the original authors.
- Most engines cannot run some of the latest and greatest maps, because those maps break the original Quake engine's limits. Using one of the Recommended Quake Engines should be safe.
How to report errors or problems
First please try to determine if it is a problem of the Quake Injector, of the map database or of your engine.
- The Quake Injector crashes → Report at https://github.com/hrehfeld/QuakeInjector/issues
- A map fails installing or nothing happens when you hit the Play button → Database problem, send a mail to Spirit
Please feel welcome to report any kind of problem and ask any kind of question in the Forum. Be verbose: What operating system do you use, what engine, what map etc.