Post a reply

Write your message and submit
Are you human or robot? If you have trouble, mail to spirit åt quaddicted døt c

Checking if this is requested by a real person and not an automated program.

Go back

Topic review (newest first)

CoolerQuakeR2077
2022-04-10 14:24:27
Andrew wrote:
CoolerQuakeR2077 wrote:

Dude, how you installed that and which source port are you using? i cannot use DarkPlaces and QuakeSpasm so i need to install this in MarkV, you can guide me to how install this models on MarkV Source port please???

As I wrote above, I tried to run improved models on the "Mark V" engine, but nothing worked out for me. I'm afraid there's nothing I can do to help you. Try asking someone else. If you do not use HD-textures, then the "QSSx32/64" engine is absolutely not demanding on the computer configuration. The same system requirements are required for the "DP" engine if real-time lighting is not activated on it (the parameters must be turned off: RT world and RT light).

In order for the models to work, they need to be placed in a folder. "..\quake\ID1\progs"

okay thank you!

Andrew
2022-04-08 14:06:33
CoolerQuakeR2077 wrote:

Dude, how you installed that and which source port are you using? i cannot use DarkPlaces and QuakeSpasm so i need to install this in MarkV, you can guide me to how install this models on MarkV Source port please???

As I wrote above, I tried to run improved models on the "Mark V" engine, but nothing worked out for me. I'm afraid there's nothing I can do to help you. Try asking someone else. If you do not use HD-textures, then the "QSSx32/64" engine is absolutely not demanding on the computer configuration. The same system requirements are required for the "DP" engine if real-time lighting is not activated on it (the parameters must be turned off: RT world and RT light).

In order for the models to work, they need to be placed in a folder. "..\quake\ID1\progs"

CoolerQuakeR2077
2022-04-08 08:31:17
Riccardoman wrote:

Thank you for your effort, I'm already using almost every model you converted. I hope you'll have the time and patience to add some more AD monsters like the zombies

Andrew
2022-04-02 09:59:19

If someone is interested, here is a link to the MDL-model ("v_shot.mdl") of the double-barreled shotgun from "Doom 4 Remake".

Link to the message:
https://www.quaddicted.com/forum/viewto … 6749#p6749

Andrew
2022-03-30 16:15:19
CoolerQuakeR2077 wrote:

Hi there, i can run this on MarkV source port?
Because my PC is not 32 bit to run quake spasm 64 bit ver, also there is no iD1 folder in quake spasm 32 bit ver, and quake spasm 32 bit version is lagging for me, so i can run it on other source ports expect dark places?
Answer me please.

On the "Mark V 1099" engine, the models have not changed to improved versions, only the old standard ones are displayed. Fog also appeared, apparently the engine supports "*.ent" files and HD textures. All models work on both 32-bit and 64-bit "QSS" engines. The folder "ID1" should always be there. It contains "*.pak" files with the main files of the game. The game won't start without them.

CoolerQuakeR2077
2022-03-30 11:26:54

Hi there, i can run this on MarkV source port?
Because my PC is not 32 bit to run quake spasm 64 bit ver, also there is no iD1 folder in quake spasm 32 bit ver, and quake spasm 32 bit version is lagging for me, so i can run it on other source ports expect dark places?
Answer me please.

Riccardoman
2022-03-26 15:09:45

Thank you for your effort, I'm already using almost every model you converted. I hope you'll have the time and patience to add some more AD monsters like the zombies

Andrew
2022-03-14 17:54:18

Unscheduled update of the version due to the detection of an error in the "enforcer-gun walk" (it's just that I use this model as the main one everywhere) and "soldier" models. This error is especially visible in the Kex Engine.

Models updated to version 1.7

Download link and description at the beginning of the topic.

Andrew
2022-03-09 14:58:13
CoolerQuakeR2077 wrote:

Hey dude how to install this mod??
I really need this!

Read this:
https://www.quaddicted.com/forum/viewto … 6683#p6683

CoolerQuakeR2077
2022-03-09 10:25:46

Hey dude how to install this mod??
I really need this!

Andrew
2022-03-01 16:07:53
Digit wrote:

Great work. This is perfect for my needs. I have a question though, I'm wondering how you made the BSP pickup files, as they seem to react to the light in their environment which, to my knowledge, BSPs should not be able to do. Are they MDLs? How did you do this?

It's very simple. The standard Quake engine has the ability to replace BSP models with MDL models. You just need to rename them to MDL and make the anchor point not in the middle of the model, but in the corner of the model. Then these models are illuminated like all other objects on the level. And if these models do not have multiple frames (not skins but frames), then they can use improved textures and luma lighting. By the way, you can safely remove multicamps from models 25 and 100 medkits and they will also be able to use improved textures.

In the "Arcane Dimensions" modification, everything is even simpler, there the models are always used in MDL format and do not have multi-frames, but only multiskins, to which improved textures with luma lighting can be applied. The "Copper" modification uses MDL models, but with multframes (do not forget about the displacement of the model relative to the center), but this modification cannot use the MDL model of exploding boxes, only BSP models, not conversion from BSP to MDL, but only BSP model (the KEX engine Q2021 can't do this either). But improved textures with luma lighting are connected to this model quite simply. Therefore, for the "Copper" modification, it is best to use BSP models of exploding boxes from "Authentic Model Improvements" and connect improved textures with luma lighting to them.

Digit
2022-03-01 06:35:59

Great work. This is perfect for my needs. I have a question though, I'm wondering how you made the BSP pickup files, as they seem to react to the light in their environment which, to my knowledge, BSPs should not be able to do. Are they MDLs? How did you do this?

Andrew
2022-02-23 18:18:02

Models updated to version 1.6

Due to the fact that many wonderful maps have been made for the modification "Arcane Dimensions", I finally reworked and adapted the models of exploding boxes based on the models from Q2021. Due to the more complex geometry of the models, I had to enlarge and smooth all the skins to a size of 128x128 pixels. For those users who do not use texture smoothing, there are models in the folder with a skin size of 480x480 pixels without smoothing. Also in the folder there are high-quality textures with a size of 512x512 pixels for the first two skins (for base maps), these textures can be applied to all models of exploding boxes, regardless of the size of their skins

Read all changes in the description of the topic.

BFIIKilla
2022-02-18 22:02:37
Andrew wrote:

Models updated to version 1.5

Download link and description at the beginning of the topic

Funny GIF animation. )))
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nkNT7N … sp=sharing

The muzzleflash fixes look great, nice work and thanks again Andrew!

Andrew
2022-02-17 16:26:54
qazzaq wrote:

Once I tried to apply my mad skills in modelling but it was fail obviously.
I want to adapt this great model of Syberdemon to quake...

Hi, friend!

I combined your cyberdemon model with his weapon and converted it to MDL format. Unfortunately, the model does not have a flash from the barrel when the demon is fired, but this is not so important. I combined all three skins in one model. Also in the archive there is a model with three skins and disabled bright pixels.

Since the model has a much larger number of frames, you will have to modify your "progs.dat" file. But this model looks much nicer and has excellent animation with a lot of movements.

There are also two programs in the archive with which you can easily combine similar split models or flashes to weapons (but with the same number of frames) and instructions on how to do it. Good luck in your work.

Screenshot of the combined model of the cyberdemon and his gun (with luma+no luma):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zjEW6r … sp=sharing

Link to download the combined cyberdemon model and the program with instructions:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aazYXd … sp=sharing

Board footer