#26 2022-03-30 11:26:54

CoolerQuakeR2077

Re: Edited models v.1.7 (MD5+MDL+BSP) from Q2021 (for QSS and QEnhanced)

Hi there, i can run this on MarkV source port?
Because my PC is not 32 bit to run quake spasm 64 bit ver, also there is no iD1 folder in quake spasm 32 bit ver, and quake spasm 32 bit version is lagging for me, so i can run it on other source ports expect dark places?
Answer me please.

#27 2022-03-30 16:15:19

Andrew

CoolerQuakeR2077 wrote:

Hi there, i can run this on MarkV source port?
Because my PC is not 32 bit to run quake spasm 64 bit ver, also there is no iD1 folder in quake spasm 32 bit ver, and quake spasm 32 bit version is lagging for me, so i can run it on other source ports expect dark places?
Answer me please.

On the "Mark V 1099" engine, the models have not changed to improved versions, only the old standard ones are displayed. Fog also appeared, apparently the engine supports "*.ent" files and HD textures. All models work on both 32-bit and 64-bit "QSS" engines. The folder "ID1" should always be there. It contains "*.pak" files with the main files of the game. The game won't start without them.

#28 2022-04-02 09:59:19

Andrew

If someone is interested, here is a link to the MDL-model ("v_shot.mdl") of the double-barreled shotgun from "Doom 4 Remake".

Link to the message:
https://www.quaddicted.com/forum/viewto … 6749#p6749

#29 2022-04-08 08:31:17

CoolerQuakeR2077

Riccardoman wrote:

Thank you for your effort, I'm already using almost every model you converted. I hope you'll have the time and patience to add some more AD monsters like the zombies

Dude, how you installed that and which source port are you using? i cannot use DarkPlaces and QuakeSpasm so i need to install this in MarkV, you can guide me to how install this models on MarkV Source port please???

#30 2022-04-08 14:06:33

Andrew

CoolerQuakeR2077 wrote:

Dude, how you installed that and which source port are you using? i cannot use DarkPlaces and QuakeSpasm so i need to install this in MarkV, you can guide me to how install this models on MarkV Source port please???

As I wrote above, I tried to run improved models on the "Mark V" engine, but nothing worked out for me. I'm afraid there's nothing I can do to help you. Try asking someone else. If you do not use HD-textures, then the "QSSx32/64" engine is absolutely not demanding on the computer configuration. The same system requirements are required for the "DP" engine if real-time lighting is not activated on it (the parameters must be turned off: RT world and RT light).

In order for the models to work, they need to be placed in a folder. "..\quake\ID1\progs"

#31 2022-04-10 14:24:27

CoolerQuakeR2077

Andrew wrote:
CoolerQuakeR2077 wrote:

As I wrote above, I tried to run improved models on the "Mark V" engine, but nothing worked out for me. I'm afraid there's nothing I can do to help you. Try asking someone else. If you do not use HD-textures, then the "QSSx32/64" engine is absolutely not demanding on the computer configuration. The same system requirements are required for the "DP" engine if real-time lighting is not activated on it (the parameters must be turned off: RT world and RT light).

In order for the models to work, they need to be placed in a folder. "..\quake\ID1\progs"

okay thank you!

#32 2022-12-10 20:39:50

Andrew

Riccardoman wrote:

Thank you for your effort, I'm already using almost every model you converted. I hope you'll have the time and patience to add some more AD monsters like the zombies

I found a wonderful mod on the site "www.moddb.com "it has a lot of HD textures, effects, new HD models, as well as several old models with more rounded shapes have been redesigned. Here is the desired zombie model for the modification of "Arcane Dimensions". The original textures are suitable for this model, but in places they are distorted due to the large number of polygons. However, these distortions are noticeable only on the skin of mummies on bandages.

If you don't want to download a large archive, then I'll post a link to the zombie model and its head.

Download link Quake_Rivarez_Ed_v1.0.1 created by Rivarez (rivarez@list.ru) - comparative screenshots are in the same place:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/quake-rivarez-edition

Link to download the zombie and its head:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sh4Bbo … sp=sharing

Thanks to the author for his work!

Last edited by Andrew (2022-12-11 09:13:44)

Board footer