#1 2022-02-16 15:17:11

bpulido21

Quake 4 in Quake 2 released!

quake4.jpg
Download link: www.moddb.com/mods/quake-4-in-quake-2/downloads
QUAKE 4 IN QUAKE 2
GAMEPACK BY THEMRBENPULIDO
---------------------------
Welcome to the history of Quake 4 in Quake 2 a total recreation of all the missions of Quake 4 in Quake 2.

DONATION
--------
You can make any donation for my work to my paypal account: paypal.me/themrbenpulido?country.x=VE&locale.x=es_XC

HISTORY
--------
After the bitter man defeated the makron at the moon base he landed near a heavily fortified strogg military base.
There he learned that the Strogg had built a new makron. Now your mission is to
destroy the new one and avenge your fallen comrades without any help.

DETAILS
--------
You will enjoy the following in this modification:

.Remastered Music from the official expansions (although you may already have them).

.Quake 3 music on some maps.

.Similar recreation of quake 4 maps in quake2.

.New graphical interface.

.Quake 4 monsters and weapons sounds.

This mod needs:

. Kmquake2 or Vanilla QUAKE 2 with unofficial patch 3.24.

INSTALLATION KMQUAKE2 METHOD
-----------------------------------------

Simply extract the entire folder inside the zip and copy the original quake 2 pak0.pak to the baseq2 folder
and run the .bat file called Quake4inQuake2.bat. KmQuake2 is already included, no patch needs to be applied.

INSTALLATION VANILLA METHOD
---------------------------------------

Extract all the contents of the zip file in your quake 2 folder, after this if you have version 3.20 or 3.21 of quake 2, you must update it to 3.24 by extracting the contents of the quake2-3.24-win2.zip file to it folder replacing everything.This is done in order to avoid bugs in the maps and also so that you can listen to music in the vanilla version. After applying the patch just run the Quake4inQuake2vanilla.bat file.

OPTIONAL MAKRON METHOD (RECOMMENDED)
---------

After applying the patch you can replace a map that gave an error in version 3.20 and 3.21, version 3.20 and 3.21 contains the map hub2.bsp nexus center where two hornets appear at the end, look for the folder hub2-3.24 and copy and Paste that map in the quake4/maps folder to replace the two hornets with the makron in that map, which would be correct according to the story.

NOTE (IMPORTANT)
-----

I have not tested the maps in q2xp or q2rtx so you will have to see for yourself which version of the hub2.bsp map works. These mods increase the characteristics of quake 2 so there should be no problems.
It is not necessary to apply any patch if you have q2xp or q2rtx.

You will also need to create your own .bat file to run this gamepack with q2xp or q2rtx.

Example:
quake2xp.exe +set game quake4

If this method is too complicated for you, just copy the maps folder to the baseq2 folder of the game and enter normally and type in the console "map airdefense1" and press enter. But keep in mind that if you do it by this method you will not have the weapons or the enemies of the official expansion the reckoning nor the sounds of Quake 4.

CLASSIFICATION OF THE MAPS ACCORDING TO THE CRITERIA AND THE DESIGN
--------------------------------------------------------------------

POOR-MEDIUM-GOOD

UNIT 1
------
landing zone - poor
airdefense trenches - poor
hangar perimeter - medium
inner hangar - medium

UNIT 2
-------

cmm landing point - medium
the cannon - poor
defensive station - medium
aqueducts - poor
annex to aqueducts - medium
hub center tunnels - medium
nexus center - medium

UNIT 3
------
strogg medical facilities - medium
construction zone - medium
dispersal facilities - good
recomposition center - good
rot center - good
waste processing - good

UNIT 4
-------
storage terminal - good
storage security - good
storage tower - good
tram station - good
tram ride - good
processing terminal - good
processing security - good
processing security chase - good
interconnection terminal - good
interconnection security - good
nexus core - good
the nexus - good

KNOWN BUGS
----------

1) In the vehicle levels you have to be careful not to run into a wall while the vehicle is moving
forward because you could die as it is difficult to control the exact movement of the path_corner
in the editor. To avoid that, just don't touch the walls where the vehicle passes.

2) If you do not apply patch 3.24 you may encounter the following map errors (only vanilla)
. msg overflowed for player
. error: index overflow

3) KmQuake2 has the particularity that the entities known as boss2 and supertank do not explode,
so if one of those entities gets stuck in the vehicles it will be stuck and you will not be able to
move forward from there, the possible solution is to shoot until they destroy those monsters so that the vehicle can continue. This does not happen in the vanilla version of Quake 2.

To fix the bug 3 download this patch for KmQuake 2:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/quake-4-in-q … 2-patch-11

ENJOY!!

Last edited by bpulido21 (2022-02-18 13:38:48)

#2 2022-02-16 15:37:50

Tormer

Re: Quake 4 in Quake 2 released!

This mod looks promising. I will try it soon!

#3 2022-02-17 12:50:31

I Like Quake

Re: Quake 4 in Quake 2 released!

Thank you so much...!

I couldn't get Quake 2 to run on my computer and the engine you packed runs so well...!
Now I can play not only this, but the maps I saw on Tribalquake's channel.

Board footer