#151 2020-10-28 12:29:06

muchomor

Re: ad_sepulcher and SP maps HD textures and more

Hi qazzaq.
I used QRP Texturepacks for Quake and both MP1 and MP2 (id1 folder), all texturepacks for AD by Talisa from QuakeOne "Arcane Dimension -HD overhaul-" (quakewiki.net not available to me), most of your packs.
One texture is not correct(ad_chapters, ad_scastle):
https://imgur.com/a/Ca1WoGM
What did I miss?
Thanks.
P.S Sorry for google translation.

#152 2020-10-28 13:09:20

qazzaq

You did'nt miss anything. All textures on their responsible places.

qTmJgRk.jpg
YVdMhR6.jpg

#153 2020-10-28 13:56:22

muchomor

Thanks qazzaq, this texture seemed wrong.

Last edited by muchomor (2020-10-28 13:56:38)

#154 2021-01-05 19:05:41

Marcelus

Hi all,

I played some custom quake maps with doom textures and there was old textures from DHTP pack for doom games. I made for me before time some doom textures in hd and I think fits better with other hd textures for quake than old dhtp textures. If someone want here is link but you must rename how you want for quake maps...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YgganB … sp=sharing

d9h9Ocg.png

Last edited by Marcelus (2021-01-05 19:35:00)

#155 2021-03-25 11:07:04

qazzaq

Quake: Harvester of Chaos (Demo)
by     Samuel 'Kaiser' Villarreal

Skin for Red Monster (for any engine)
Jk25i0a.jpg

https://drive.google.com/file/d/107ng4y … sp=sharing

(220 kb)

Last edited by qazzaq (2021-05-23 14:36:07)

#156 2021-04-18 18:29:59

qazzaq

Yet another dog for any engine ;)

I found some weird (as for me) faceless rottmauler from Smej 2.
Once I discover from net reskinned dog with very close to rottmauler skin which have pretty face.
Author that skin someone Cujo from old 1999. 

rottmauler from Smej 2
P9kJf8G.jpg

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kFZfV- … sp=sharing

(80 kb)

#157 2021-07-29 17:51:28

qazzaq

As You may know here

https://quakewiki.org/wiki/External_Lit_And_Vis_Files

or direct here

http://www.quaketastic.com/files/misc/litvis_packs/

there a lot of lit-vis packs for many old sp campaign.

I discover QSS do not support external .vis files and You still had unvised maps.
QS classic do support them but on some special way:
f8ocf0c.jpg

Especially on maps with waterfalls.

Here some vised by me mappacks. It also contains proper .lits

Travail
http://www.quaketastic.com/files/misc/l … h_lits.zip

SOE (above mentioned on quakewiki.org absolutely unaffected on my system)
http://www.quaketastic.com/files/misc/l … h_lits.zip

Remove all previously installed .lit and .vis files on this mods if exist.

#158 2021-08-27 15:13:10

Tireheb

Ehi qazzaq, how do you vis maps? I've tried different programs but only crashes, glitches etc...while your are perfect

#159 2021-08-27 17:32:15

qazzaq

I use Lord Havoc's hmap2
http://icculus.org/twilight/darkplaces/ … 7beta1.zip
You can try other releases witch fits better to your hardware.
Unfortunately it is not multithreaded definitely and sometime maps vised thru few hours!

#160 2021-08-27 17:39:39

qazzaq

I have vised a lot of mappacks completely (w/o external .vis patches) from this
list and more and i can share it if it needed for someone.

#161 2021-08-27 18:13:09

triple_agent

qazzaq wrote:

I have vised a lot of mappacks completely (w/o external .vis patches) from this
list and more and i can share it if it needed for someone.

Wow, these colored lights do make a difference.

EDIT: I am glad to see "Rubicon 2" on the list.

Last edited by triple_agent (2021-08-27 18:16:44)

#162 2021-08-27 18:39:28

Tireheb

Because I've discovered a interesting thing: If I open a map in quark editor, add the color to the ent file, I save the map and i run the light.exe or Ericw tools it colors the lights......but it ruin the light of the map completely..........except for Soul of Evil: maybe because it's already vised, so I think I've finally found a way to to add manually the .lit files to maps. If this has to do only with vised maps well I think I can make more. It takes a lot of times but worth the effort.

#163 2021-08-27 18:40:25

Tireheb

If you can share Beyond Belief, Abyss of Pandemonium, Rapture, Coven of Ebony, Operation Ourth Majik and Zestorer I can confirm or deny  what written above

#165 2021-08-28 20:07:00

Tireheb

Many thanks, now I'll confirm or deny what written about colored lights. I've made a small test with already vised maps (the few I was able to found here on quaddicted): Shadows over Inssmouth and Runekeep......no problems at all. While IKSPQ and Moonlite totally messed up lights (they are not vised).

#166 2021-08-28 20:16:21

Tireheb

Just tried the start map of Beyond Belief and seems to works perfectly!! Can you please tell me how you vis maps? Every step, so I know where I was wrong, since everytime I vis a map and put colored lights it f**cks all the lights, while your versions runs perfectly?

#167 2021-08-29 09:55:07

qazzaq

hmap2 is bundled with kit of .bat files. revis_all.bat - that is what we need. Put yourmap.map into hmap2 folder and run revis_all.bat that's all! Colored lights generated with winmhcolor - amasing tool by MH (link somwhere up in this thread). Of course, such lights not so perfect as designed manually with any map creating program but it may be better than nothing.

#168 2021-08-29 10:01:53

qazzaq

@triple_agent

- these colored lights do make a difference-
Yes, in the first time when I see familiar map with newly created lit I feel some warmth from this picture. Light and heat sources acquired some volume.

#169 2021-08-29 11:36:40

Tireheb

Lol, I've used .bsp instead of .map, maybe this is the reason. I'm finishing Rapture colored lights, these are made manually, here's a small preview. Torches are the easiest part (just search for torches or flames in .txt editor and add the color) as for the other lights I open them in darkplaces with command r_editlights 1 to have coordinate, then I put the color in those coordinates in the .txt files. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ybnzv1oqz84p9 … e.jpg?dl=0

#170 2021-08-29 17:59:27

qazzaq

Wow! I mistyped of course .bsp is the right way.

Rapture looks gorgeous.  I'd wish to see this maps lighted by You!

Last edited by qazzaq (2021-08-29 18:03:07)

#171 2021-08-29 18:27:38

Tireheb

That's strange because I do the same process but lights appear to be messed up. Tried Soul of Evil, Rapture, Beyond Belief, Contract Revoked and they're all fine. Zerstorer first map has wrong lights, while Zer1m3 is perfect (not tested other maps). Same issues with Contract Revoked lost chapters, I have yet to thest the other maps.

#172 2021-08-29 19:35:53

Tireheb

Just tried Mexx9.......same problems, lights f***d up. I've simply put the .bsp maps inside the folder and ran revis_all...Are you willing to try vis Mexx9 maps and share them? I want to experiment a thing....

#173 2021-08-30 04:04:07

triple_agent

qazzaq wrote:

the first time when I see familiar map with newly created lit, I feel some warmth from this picture.

These colored lights and the difference they make, remind me somewhat of the difference, between the "static lighting" and the "dynamic lighting" in 'S.T.A.L.K.E.R.'. If you played it, you know what I mean.

These two options, render two entirely different world perceptions. The "dynamic lighting", looks a bit fairy, beautiful, hopeful - as if witnessing a thing otherworldly, carried out by nature; with the essence, in: right time, right place, right perspective. The "static lighting", instead, feels much more like a game - an existential game of zero-sum, socially speaking, perhaps - inside a world which is bleak, depressing, devoid of future one would like to partake in - as if only a miracle, could bring back a sense of tomorrow in the 'Zone'.

It is actually a debate, which of the two mentioned lighting setups, does represent the true 'S.T.A.L.K.E.R.'?

Naturally, both.

Nonetheless, if I asked you, what kind of life would you want to live - a "dynamic lighting" type of life, or a "static lighting" type of life - you would probably answer: the first one. While I do believe you would want to play a fairy life, I doubt you would eventually choose to live a fairy life.

The same question, could go for 'Quake' - is it bleak, brown, dark, not-really-realistic-but-realistic-fits-here; or is it colorful, energetic, warm and sensational?

Last edited by triple_agent (2021-08-30 07:44:00)

#174 2021-08-30 05:30:48

triple_agent

Another game that very well writes itself into the "static lighting" paradigm, is the 'Far Cry 2'. Have you played? It is a piece of art, but certainly a treat not for everyone; it is actually boring. It is a game that downright excels at being bleak, brown, depressing and realistic nihilistic - 'Quake' legacy?

I would like to share some screenshots I made - link here. Mind that I did not play on highest settings, but used very custom setup instead; a footprint of it, included.

Listen also to the soundtrack, it is truly worth it - at least the early tracks: link here.

The music, the menu outlook, in 'Far Cry 2', announce: what you will experience in this game, is going to be unique, whether you like it or not.

You know, I have this memory from 'Far Cry 2'. In the end, [SPOILER] when the protagonist climbs the mountain of his suicide [/SPOILER], the weather - which in the 'Far Cry 2', is dynamic - changed so rapidly, that by the time the destination has been reached, the fog, was already very dense. It looked most climatic. I thought, the event, must be scripted, to engulf the final scene in a mist, representing perhaps all the unanswered questions and doubts remaining. I replayed that scene later, with some temporal shifts and the mist, was not there.

This, is what makes the games such as 'S.T.A.L.K.E.R.' and 'Far Cry 2', have this special thing to them; a soul. Certain moments in these, are truly unique, highly enhancing the notion of personalized, purposeful experience, the player has. To an extent, to myself, it could even be like a paradoxical way of communicating with something greater, that a game, only represents - even though, it is all random, reasonably speaking.

But y'know, people have stories like such, all over the Internet - that the game, suddenly throws at them something very subtle, strong and personal in meaning, in the context of experience unfolding. That, must be - understandably - the case of human perception and interpretation of observations. Nothing unusual.

EDIT:

'S.T.A.L.K.E.R.', also has a great soundtrack - menu theme linked here. Both the soundtracks mentioned in this post, very well capture the essences of games they accompany; but they do not work part-time as a soundscape factor, contrary to what 'NIN' soundtrack, does for 'Quake'.

Last edited by triple_agent (2021-08-30 07:24:19)

#175 2021-08-30 12:16:48

qazzaq

Board footer