#426 2022-01-21 19:33:55

mastema88
Banned

Re: Tracking new releases (for addition to the database)

Spirit wrote:

Test your releases before posting them here then. Or should we just ignore your posts in the future?

hilarious coming from you after breaking the site twice in the past year... forgiveness is the only way forward my friend. one love.

#427 2022-01-21 21:51:51

Spirit
Administrator

mastema88 wrote:

hilarious coming from you after breaking the site twice in the past year... forgiveness is the only way forward my friend. one love.

Thanks for showing me how I am the sole provider of any value in our relationship. If forgiveness is the only way forward then forgive me for putting an end to it as I am not interested in dedicating any sympathy towards your toxicity. Good luck for your future, hope you find empathy and decency somewhere.

I mean, oops, I fell on the ban button, how hilarious!

For context, the rules upon registration say:

You must agree to the following in order to register: Be nice. Flaming or insults are not welcome and won't be tolerated.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#428 2022-01-21 21:55:31

Spirit
Administrator

Uploaded:
brendy2.zip

#429 2022-01-22 00:56:51

triple_agent

Spirit wrote:

Uploaded:
brendy2.zip

Was it not in the testing phase as of yet?

#430 2022-01-24 10:59:15

Spirit
Administrator

Nope! :)

#431 2022-01-24 14:09:25

Andrew

The link has been removed so far. We are waiting for the official release of "JANUARY JUMP JAM 2".

Last edited by Andrew (2022-01-24 20:38:45)

#432 2022-01-24 19:53:06

h4724

Andrew wrote:

JANUARY JUMP JAM 2 ...with Alkaline! (15 maps)

Maybe hold off on this one. I think some patches are still planned.

#433 2022-01-24 20:36:18

Andrew

h4724 wrote:

Maybe hold off on this one. I think some patches are still planned.

Whatever you say. I just saw the passage of one of the levels on YouTube and thought, why don't we have this? Let me delete the link for now if necessary. Then we'll wait a bit for the official release.

I agree about the patches. There is a level with parkour in the assembly and it is impossible to pass it. At least without codes.

Last edited by Andrew (2022-01-24 20:40:01)

#434 2022-01-26 17:19:14

Spirit
Administrator

Uploaded:
jjj2.zip

#435 2022-01-30 08:43:08

Andrew

This "Hexen 2 textured ... DM style layout" is Markie's
entry in the speedmap event, sm215: Quad Run.

https://www.quaketastic.com/files/singl … /sm215.zip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd87EUqL6UQ&t=32s

#436 2022-01-30 21:23:32

Spirit
Administrator

Thanks!

Uploaded:
sm215.zip
snack2.zip

#437 2022-02-03 03:14:55

spootnik1

Wroth
Got some great playtests, then made adjustments.
Enjoy!

https://www.quaketastic.com/files/singl … /wroth.zip

screens:
wroth01.jpg
wroth02.jpg
wroth03.jpg

#438 2022-02-03 09:36:38

Andrew

spootnik1 wrote:

Wroth
Enjoy!g

It's a good map, I liked it, but when I passed it, I saw a few flaws.

If you use the "progs_dump-devkit" files, then not all models are used. Ogres shooting nails have the same skin as regular ones. Backpacks with different colors are not used but the usual one is used. Keys, ammo and medkits are also used from the original game. If they should not be used, then maybe they are not needed in the "progs" folder?

I agree with the use of the enforcers in their sealed spacesuits, dead fishes and zombies in water and slime, but the wizards, ordinary soldiers and other demons there just have to drown. I remember in DarkPlaces there was even a setting that monsters die in liquids except for fishes, zombies and enforcers. It was fun! I really liked to drown and burn them. But this is my opinion. )))

But in general, you did a good job! :-)

Last edited by Andrew (2022-02-03 16:14:34)

#439 2022-02-03 11:08:18

Spirit
Administrator

Sweet!

Uploaded:
wroth.zip

#440 2022-02-04 01:34:52

dumptruck_ds

Andrew wrote:
spootnik1 wrote:

Wroth
Enjoy!g

It's a good map, I liked it, but when I passed it, I saw a few flaws.

If you use the "progs_dump-devkit" files, then not all models are used. Ogres shooting nails have the same skin as regular ones. Backpacks with different colors are not used but the usual one is used. Keys, ammo and medkits are also used from the original game. If they should not be used, then maybe they are not needed in the "progs" folder?

I agree with the use of the enforcers in their sealed spacesuits, dead fishes and zombies in water and slime, but the wizards, ordinary soldiers and other demons there just have to drown. I remember in DarkPlaces there was even a setting that monsters die in liquids except for fishes, zombies and enforcers. It was fun! I really liked to drown and burn them. But this is my opinion. )))

But in general, you did a good job! :-)

This is one extremely nick-picky review! The progs_dump devkit is extremely lean and the redundant files you are talking about are extremely small. Also some of those are precached in world.qc and actually do need to be in the progs folder.

Also the new backpack skins are used. You missed a secret. Go back and try again.  :)

By your logic, anyone who uses the Arcane Dimensions devkit should go through and purge hundreds megs of extra models and sounds that are unused in a particular map. That is just a bit over the top. The progs_dump devkit is a WHOPPING 4.49mb unzipped. Please be reasonable.

Your points about monsters underwater are a bit more understandable.

Last edited by dumptruck_ds (2022-02-04 01:41:09)

#441 2022-02-04 02:53:24

--

This is off-topic, but:
1) Precaching unnecessary files with long filenames breaks progs_dump in DOSQuake for no good reason.
2) Including AD wholesale is a bad practice caused entirely by QS being 10 years overdue on multi-game support. I'd still say the good etiquette would be to split off mod-specific files from base AD paks - so that a player using vkQuake, QSS or Ironwail could easiy remove the bloat.

#442 2022-02-04 09:27:50

Andrew

dumptruck_ds wrote:

This is one extremely nick-picky review! The progs_dump devkit is extremely lean and the redundant files you are talking about are extremely small. Also some of those are precached in world.qc and actually do need to be in the progs folder.

Come on, there's no need to be indignant. I don't leave my comments here out of spite. :-)

Of course, you do not need to delete anything from the base folder because it has an insignificant size.
After the launch of the level, only the models of the enforcer and the soldier have changed. The wizard also changed and became translucent. Other models were from the original game.

That's all I wanted to say. Maybe it only happened to me. This is just a note for the future. :-)

#443 2022-02-04 17:49:59

Spirit
Administrator

Back on topic please, this is not meant for discussion or feedback on releases. What gets posted here gets uploaded. Anything else is just noise and distracting.

Just open new threads when you want to talk :)

#444 2022-02-04 19:39:07

Andrew

Flipping through the progs_dump manual, I came across an amazing mod "keep 0.5.0" based on "AD". The update to version 0.5.0 was released in the spring of 2021. It's strange that I haven't heard anything about this since 2020-2021. There is a lot of useful and interesting things inside it! In my opinion, all models from all mods are laid out in separate folders, and excellent maps (episode) are also included! Moreover, the models are used from different folders and not only from "AD".

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VAFLWq … D1b5q/view
or
https://www.celephais.net/board/view_th … p?id=61506

Last edited by Andrew (2022-02-04 19:42:35)

#445 2022-02-05 03:59:19

fairweather

Maybe this is a bit of a taboo to post, but this file was posted to func_msgboard in post #13508 by Giftmacher on 2016/04/09, and I think it deserves archival simply for the importance to AD as a whole.
...plus it just sucks that this perfectly good (and very unique to ad_sepulcher!) map would be forgotten by time and broken dropbox links otherwise.

https://www.quaketastic.com/files/ad_e1m3.zip

spasm0032.png

#446 2022-02-05 09:18:30

Spirit
Administrator

Why would that be taboo? Any publically released file should be in this archive :) Thanks!

Uploaded:
ad_e1m3.zip

#447 2022-02-05 09:43:20

qazzaq

I don't want to seem intrusive but maybe worth adding RMQ demo to database?
https://kneedeepinthedoomed.wordpress.com/downloads/
http://icculus.org/remakequake/RMQInstallerWinter11.zip

And if you close your eyes to two missing sounds and an annoying mistake of not precached sound (turret/idle.wav.wav) in prog.dat, it is completely playable.
Ah, of course should remove all HD textures from package.

#448 2022-02-07 06:24:53

h4724

Spirit wrote:

Why would that be taboo? Any publically released file should be in this archive :) Thanks!

Uploaded:
ad_e1m3.zip

Probably because it was only ever released in func's testing thread, and is in an untested and unfinished state.

I still think it's historically significant and distinct from ad_sepulcher enough to warrant its own entry, but it's a shame that it was changed so drastically before its final release, leaving us with only this unfinished map, and what is arguably a completely different one. I don't object one bit to you uploading this, however in an ideal world Sock or Giftmacher would have a version laying around somewhere from after initial testing but before Sock made any changes. I'd rather that version be archived, but it seems unlikely, unfortunately.

#449 2022-02-07 07:59:14

Spirit
Administrator

Ah, that was context that would have been good to know before uploading...

qazzaq: You know what, in 2022 that does seem like a reasonable idea. We had a lot of drama when I deemed it "too much of a mod" back in the days but since AD is on this site now and other mods as well, it would be unfair to still not have RemakeQuake included. I'll have to check if there is any zip that is not just an exe file though because that would make zero sense to include in the system. :\

#450 2022-02-07 08:54:01

h4724

Spirit wrote:

Ah, that was context that would have been good to know before uploading...

I did think I'd already replied to fw with a similar comment having played the map that day, but I guess I never posted it.

Board footer