You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-05 08:58:09

Gioyo3aa

Nextgenquake shutting down

I only recently found out about Nextgenquake and the great HD textures that are hosted there, and unfortunately learned that the whole site (and then some) is shutting down in November.

Having picked up Quake again only a year ago (and very glad I did), I missed quite a few mods and textures that don't seem to be available anywhere --- all links I find are now dead. It would be a shame to let those textures packs go to waste, and given that a few enhanced skins and textures are already available here for some maps these packs would seem to fit the scope of the website.

Would Quaddicted's admins be interested in hosting these textures (if their authors agree)?

#2 2019-06-05 11:02:31

Blood Vengeance

Re: Nextgenquake shutting down

It seems that Quakeone.com is resurrecting and returning to the old website

#3 2019-06-05 20:31:53

Spirit
Administrator

I looked at making an archive of the site but it aggressively blocks that. So...  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It would be a shame to lose it, MadGypsy is such a talented and productive developer.
I'll gladly host whatever files there are!

#4 2019-06-05 21:12:46

Blood Vengeance

The HD texture topic still exist on quakeone, need only to update the links of new stuff.

#5 2019-06-09 17:41:28

Madfox

I became member a few weeks ago, because I had some useful info for Latherforth.
Waited but didn't receive aprovall to access the site.
Contacted MadGypsy, but his attitude about the loss of intrest for the site has made him raged.
Tried to make him understand there are still a lot of people who care.
I think the effort he took to make it a good site has grieved him too much when nobody cares.
No way he will open the site again, although I kept asking him in a friendly way.

It is like working with Art, it takes a lot of energy ,
but don't complain if it fails to give the outcome you expected.

Last edited by Madfox (2019-06-09 17:42:45)

Quick reply

Write your message and submit
Are you human or robot? If you have trouble, mail to spirit åt quaddicted døt c

Checking if this is requested by a real person and not an automated program.

Board footer