#1 2020-12-30 04:23:29

Avenger

Anyone have the music track order for Nehahra?

From the name of the music files that come with the download here in "xm" format it's not apparent which one plays at what part of the game. If anyone has the correct list of what track plays during which level that would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

#2 2020-12-30 08:27:19

Gila

Re: Anyone have the music track order for Nehahra?

I don't think Nehahra had music constantly playing in the background. I think these XM files (it's a tracker music format) should be triggered to play at specific moments in the maps. But I never played the original back when it was released.

#3 2020-12-30 11:21:29

Avenger

Gila wrote:

I don't think Nehahra had music constantly playing in the background. I think these XM files (it's a tracker music format) should be triggered to play at specific moments in the maps. But I never played the original back when it was released.

Yes, I'm aware of that.

The problem is the DarkPlaces version that ships with the download fom here is extremely old. So I'm trying to setup a more up to date version of the engine to play the music when necessary but in order to do so I need to know what track corresponds to which map.

#4 2020-12-30 13:51:01

Gila

I tried looking in the BSP/Entities but can not find any references to any music files in there. Only a couple of BSP files have reference to "mods/nehend.s3m" and "mods/atmos2.xm".

The worldspawn entities do have "sounds" key assigned just by standard numbers like in original Quake, like 2, 3, 8, 10, etc where it referenced to CD track number. Perhaps somewhere else in Nehahra's code there's a 'remapping' of these "cdtracks" to the xm filenames?

#5 2020-12-31 01:06:18

Avenger

Gila wrote:

I tried looking in the BSP/Entities but can not find any references to any music files in there. Only a couple of BSP files have reference to "mods/nehend.s3m" and "mods/atmos2.xm".

The worldspawn entities do have "sounds" key assigned just by standard numbers like in original Quake, like 2, 3, 8, 10, etc where it referenced to CD track number. Perhaps somewhere else in Nehahra's code there's a 'remapping' of these "cdtracks" to the xm filenames?

I'm not sure, that's the problem and I can't seem to find reference to it anywhere either...

#6 2021-01-01 05:03:30

Madfox

Here's some more info about the Nehara project.
Seven had a workaround for the right setup.
It's about the older versions of DarkPlaces.

http://quakeone.com/forum/quake-help/qu … aces/page4

https://www.zhakaron.com/p/the-nehahra- … oject.html

Board footer