#1 2015-05-03 13:30:27

DarkKnightDarius

DirectQ issues

Is there a more stable version of DirectQ? 1.9.0 is giving me issues. Randomly I get blocked out of going down corridors and sections of the map. Also I randomly get crushed sometimes or clipped into the ground when I move up and down elevation. It's fixed by a restart of the Engine. However, that's not that big of an issue. The bigger issue is, that in Hipnotic it crashes when in Catacombs. And I've restarted the client several times for the same crash to occur. It works sometimes but it's literally a hit or miss thing. EDIT: Correction, anytime I hit the Shambler at the end of the Catacombs mission it crashes. its fine otherwise.

I hate swapping engines every time because saves are not transferred?

Sorry, kind of new to the whole Quake 1 thing. Sorry for my noobness.

Last edited by DarkKnightDarius (2015-05-03 14:39:25)

#2 2015-05-03 17:32:44

negke

Re: DirectQ issues

Did you change host_maxfps? If so, set it back to 72.

No idea about the Hipnotic crash. Maybe try 1.8.8? I'd be surprised if it's an engine issue, though.

#3 2015-05-03 23:48:50

DarkKnightDarius

negke wrote:

Did you change host_maxfps? If so, set it back to 72.

No idea about the Hipnotic crash. Maybe try 1.8.8? I'd be surprised if it's an engine issue, though.

Yea, I did change it in the autoexec.cfg.

yea, the crash message says "unexpected end" and its only when I do damage to the Shambler. If I run around into there(End room), I can shoot the Soldiers and the Ogres no problem, but as soon as I hit the shambler, I get the "unexpected end". I have the Steam version of Hypnotic, I'm going to try 1.8.8 to see if it works and if that doesnt work use Quakespasm. Maybe its the file itself? And Im on the last mission on Rogue and its not done any of it (aside from the random block clippings blocking door ways etc)

Last edited by DarkKnightDarius (2015-05-04 00:17:07)

#4 2015-05-04 13:46:03

Cobra

Ya 1.8.8 works better i had the same issues.

Board footer