#1 2015-10-01 01:57:51

Johnison Boa

I need find a older version quake

Im new here, Hello to all people.
I have two old computers, a Windows98 and a iMac mac os 9.
In a Windows 7 I have the GLQuake and i can´t open BSP files there. In the win98 I can´t use pendrives and the internet finally fails(Just I can play D.Dave trilogy cause is a boring computer). In the mac os 9 I'll try this time, but I don´t find a Quake version for this computer.

So my question is:
Who know where (in the web) i can find Quake 1 for Mac os 9?
Or who have it portable, Im very glad if somebody can help me.

PS: I downloaded a lot of versions in win98 and mac 9, but all has been rejected.

#2 2015-10-01 18:13:24

Cobalt

Re: I need find a older version quake

If you want a really nice modern client which I know runs on at least the newer  Macs very well, I would sugguest Darkplaces:

https://icculus.org/twilight/darkplaces/download.html

Not sure how well it is on the older computers, might be worth a try.

#3 2015-10-02 08:13:25

ezze

About Quake itself the best way to obtain it digitally nowadays is gog.com. It is the only legal way to get game and music to download.

Unfortunately the music is available only in the CD images and the installers put some very old engines. But using innoextract you can get the .pak files with ease and using deamon tools (or some other virtual CD drive) extract the musics.

Last edited by ezze (2015-10-02 08:16:43)

#4 2015-10-03 16:40:03

Johnison Boa

Thanks to you, Cobalt & ezze. But a question; ezze, this version is GL?

#5 2015-10-05 09:46:52

Mr.Burns

If you are looking for that authentic look and feel I wonder if Proquake might be of use to you. I believe the homepage is www.quakeone.com/proquake but I seem to recall Spirit keeps a number of older versions buried in his file repo here on Quaddicted.

I hope this helps

Monty

#6 2015-10-08 18:00:20

Cobalt

Was always curious , how does someone know for sure a site offering the original Quake game is authorized to be doing it by whatever company still owns the rights to it? Who does own Quake? Is it still ID ?

ezze wrote:

About Quake itself the best way to obtain it digitally nowadays is gog.com. It is the only legal way to get game and music to download.

Unfortunately the music is available only in the CD images and the installers put some very old engines. But using innoextract you can get the .pak files with ease and using deamon tools (or some other virtual CD drive) extract the musics.

Board footer