#1 2014-08-23 07:00:29

negke

Simple Quake Launcher by MaxEd

As the name suggests, Simple Quake Launcher is a small and straightforward launcher tool for Windows that lets you run every available Quake level on your computer. All you need to do is drop the EXE into your Quake installation, then select the engine, mod/level and difficulty setting, and off you go. It can't get any easier than that.

SQL.jpg

SQLauncher requires Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 (even if newer versions are installed).

Download  |  Discussion & updates

#2 2015-10-24 22:49:24

PFL

Re: Simple Quake Launcher by MaxEd

I registered here just to say thanks for making this little tool.  It has made my (quaking) life so much easier! :)

#3 2015-11-05 16:26:34

PFL

Hey.  Just wondering if this is still being worked on or is it considered feature complete?  I've a couple of small suggestions but I don't want to annoy you with the usual "Can I get...?" post. :)

#4 2015-11-09 06:35:48

SurferGirl

Pretty impressive!!  I've been away from Quake for a minute...played quite addicted  for over 12 yrs. Old skool Quakers will know me.
Gonna try and get back into it...

#5 2015-11-09 14:13:57

parubaru

Could you please update the download version to 1.08?
It has the '+skill' parameter  before the 'map' parameter, the way it should be.

#6 2015-11-09 15:13:17

negke

Download link changed to SQL sourceforge page.

#7 2015-11-09 17:00:33

parubaru

Oh, the latest update was v1.09. My mistake.
Thanks for the link change, negke!

#8 2015-11-09 17:37:10

PFL

SurferGirl wrote:

Pretty impressive!!  I've been away from Quake for a minute...played quite addicted  for over 12 yrs. Old skool Quakers will know me.
Gonna try and get back into it...

Welcome back then. :)

It's a really handy program isn't it?  Kinda surprised something similar hasn't been built in to a frontend of one of the more modern engines to be honest.

Anyway, I'm really grateful for its existence.  It's amazing how much time has been taken up writing batch files and creating shortcuts over the years!

Also, thanks for updating the download link. :)

Board footer