#1 2016-05-05 19:10:42

Lane Powell

Releases missing from database

Any plans to add proper SP mods like ne_dynamic and Qonquer to the main (searchable/tagable) database? I'd love to rate/comment on those.

Also someone get around to adding SM177_pack, I want to rate it just for digs' map. :)

#2 2016-05-21 16:43:10

Icantthinkofanickname

Re: Releases missing from database

Lane Powell, you'll be happy to know that at least one of your wishes have been fulfilled. :)

#3 2016-10-26 01:12:31

Madfox

What's the case here?

I jumped into my archive and accidentally came across the Qonquer mod.
I was wondering if you're looking for maps that are not available or can't be found,
or is it that this site is for singleplayer maps only?

I'm willing to upload, so you can rage and rate it.
But my intention is suspecting this is not a mod site nor deathmatch archive.

Just my small concern.

#4 2016-10-26 03:03:05

bfg666

Madfox wrote:

not a mod site nor deathmatch archive.

"Quaddicted TODO

Not really a roadmap but a collection of projects to-do on the long run or to brainstorm in no particular order. Maybe something of interest for you?
• Make proper multiplayer archive. Get that archive added to the Injector for eg bot play."

#5 2016-11-01 05:50:34

Lane Powell

@MadFox, I have both mods (ne_dynamic and Qonquer) myself; I was just wondering why they are not in the main (searchable, rate-able) database.  They are both single-player mods, and come with new maps. The case of Qonquer especially doesn't make sense, as Func Map Jam 5 *is*, and is technically an expansion/mapset for the Qonquer mod.

As a side note, I'm toying with the idea of making a set of maps for Qonquer--so I hope there isn't a specific reason related to the scope of the main single-player database that Qonquer wasn't included, and Map Jam 5 only *was* included because it would be weird to exclude a mapjam.

#6 2016-11-17 02:30:16

Madfox

@Powel - well.., happy that you do have the maps.
I found Conquer in a Rift map I received from Ijed.
It looks good, especially the monsters that come in on waves.
For me they're just studying objects what qc knowledge concerns.

The reason it wasn't included in my opinion is that it was a hard job for Spirit to get a clear view of what he wanted to archive.
The way Quake maps are distributed wanders along SinglePlayer -Deathmatch -Mods - Addons and Oddities that hardly have anything to do with Quake. So to get a decent catologue I think he concentrated on stricktly Singleplayer maps which gave this broad expantion of maps that sureley may not have gone lost. And it seems there are still lost maps wandering in the rigging of the web. While there are other archives already that have loads of them. Some of them still there, others gone.

For now I'm looking for the missing ones which sometimes end up with rarities I can hardly believe they were made back then.

#7 2016-11-23 19:22:56

Spirit
Administrator

If someone compiles a list of direct download links (aka no Dropbox crap), I will add whatever was newly released or is missing otherwise.

#8 2016-12-10 02:13:20

Madfox

Here is a link for Qonquer.7z

http://home.kpn.nl/lo2kf8//qonquer.7z.zip

A bit kinky as delete the .zip and extract with 7z
Only three extentions would allowed download.

Madfox changed this file by extracting this qonquer.7z from the excisting Rift Mod by Ijed.
I have asked no permission from Warren Marshal or Ijed,
but I hope they will forgive my gamepleasure!

:P

#9 2018-01-21 11:32:01

Spirit
Administrator

I went through releases marked as "red - not available on the quaddicted maps page" on https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ … qya6k/edit

hexcalk + negke has been in /filebase/ for a while
ossuary no readme, no zip (aka no release), shit host
block   no readme, no zip (aka no release), asked about it in https://www.quaddicted.com/forum/viewto … 2534#p2534
lost souls   shit host, has been added
curseof bad host, has been added
runeofblood has been in /filebase/ for a while
simplistic  shit host, not a zip (aka needs a repack)
citadel of sinners has been in /filebase/ for a while
dissociation has been in /filebase/ for a while
quck demo   has been in /filebase/ for a while

#10 2018-01-21 12:32:14

negke

mapjam8   bad zip, needs a repack

#11 2018-01-21 17:38:53

Spirit
Administrator

What is the problem with jam8.zip? Looks like a straightforward mod to me.

#12 2018-01-21 18:19:05

Cocerello

Spirit wrote:

If someone compiles a list of direct download links (aka no Dropbox crap), I will add whatever was newly released or is missing otherwise.

By the way, if the the ''www'' is substituted with ''dl'' and ''dl=0'' with ''dl=1'' it becomes a normal download link with no Dropbox shit. Dropbox could be an option for submiting maps this way. Could it, Spirit?

For example https://dl.dropbox.com/s/gedab3zo77lyew … o.zip?dl=1 instead of https://www.dropbox.com/s/gedab3zo77lye … o.zip?dl=0

Last edited by Cocerello (2018-01-21 18:22:41)

#13 2018-01-21 19:01:13

negke

Spirit wrote:

What is the problem with jam8.zip? Looks like a straightforward mod to me.

The editor script refuses to load/parse it for some reason.

#14 2018-01-21 20:50:36

Spirit
Administrator

negke: Ah crap.

Cocerello: Yeah, that works but I am always super wary of Dropbox links as people love to secretly change their files :} Quaketastic exists and I see no reason not to use it!

#15 2018-01-21 20:53:37

Spirit
Administrator

Hm, https://sourceforge.net/p/sevenzip/bugs/1019/ suggests that "File version 788 not supported." error might come from an older 7z version used by the packager. Could someone ask them and suggest to update & repack?

#16 2018-01-22 07:10:18

Cocerello

Spirit wrote:

Cocerello: Yeah, that works but I am always super wary of Dropbox links as people love to secretly change their files :} Quaketastic exists and I see no reason not to use it!

Yeah, dumb question. I asked because i use Dropbox for temporally needed files that make no sense to save and i can ''delete'' later, like map submissions for a pack, but I'll never be giving you a temporal file so there is no point in sending you them in Dropbox.

For when Quaketastic is down, then.

#17 2018-01-22 15:12:20

AN

many maps from func_msgboard don't land here. Don't know why.

#18 2018-01-22 17:04:34

Spirit
Administrator

AN wrote:

many maps from func_msgboard don't land here. Don't know why.

Did you read above?

#19 2018-07-06 23:55:23

Johnny Law

Here's a copy of Unholy Ossuary (by MissBubbles): http://www.eclecticmenagerie.com/jl/temp/rw3.zip

e: Dunno when the Quaddicted admins will be able to get to this vs. when the next time my temp folder will get cleared out, so I also uploaded it to Quaketastic: http://www.quaketastic.com/files/single … ps/rw3.zip

Last edited by Johnny Law (2018-07-16 22:22:41)

#20 2018-07-20 11:06:04

negke

ALTER SPIRIT EY!!!!

#21 2018-07-20 16:05:31

Spirit
Administrator

I hate everything about the mess we are doing now, repacking things to make the injector happy or the "zip files only" or the "script is too dumb to read different zip dialect" rules. It opposes my archivist motivation and I don't want to continue doing that. It's exactly the terrible mess I wanted to fix in the early days.

We need a new, actively maintained Injector that supports whatever nonsense people do with their releases, including conflict handling. PKGBUILDs might be a nice blueprint, or megaman's gpm. And we need a review system that supports all kinds of files, distinguished via tags, supporting "main" entries for mods that get updated over time.

Also https://www.quaddicted.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=578 is not something I am kidding about...

#22 2018-07-20 18:31:21

negke

Mind you, it was about the newest releases I mailed you about.

I see where you're coming from and, indeed, we're not obliged to make every release work in the injector no matter what. Some of the recent conflicting ones have a note in the description "does not work with Quake Injector". But at least the files should be uploaded so we can try to add them to the DB if the script allows regardless of the 'standards' question.
The system is a mess, but a complete and *robust* rebuild of the site and the injector seems unlikely since neither of us has the time or skill, and it doesn't seem like there's any reliable/trustworthy outside help avaiable.

I was going to post a sticky thread in this forum on how to release a map (with links to the wiki page and dumptruck's video) and/or post submissions directly.

#23 2018-10-25 15:29:53

Spirit
Administrator

what's new?

#25 2018-10-26 14:17:06

Spirit
Administrator

Whoa, that's a lot. I accept direct download zip links :}

Board footer