#51 2013-04-28 07:22:25

Spirit
Administrator

Re: Quake Injector feedback

Make sure it is able to connect to the internet. Also best use the .bat file (I guess you are on Windows). The quakeinjector-res.jar file is not supposed to be run and it cannot be run. ;)

#52 2013-04-29 03:35:12

doomguy1987

Spirit: thanks for the info. Well how would I go about connecting it to the internet because ive tried messing around with the browser launcher 2 and got nowhere with it and I guess my biggest problem is that when ive downloaded the quake injector version alpha 2 and extracted it from the zip file it didn't come with the ( .bat file) that you were referring to it only came with the 2 .jar files, a changelog, readme text doc, browserlauncher2, and a copying file. I there is any way you could give me the .bat file I would be stoked. Also thanks for the speedy reply before. If you could show me how to make a .bat file and how to configure quake injector that would be awesome. I have darkplaces, fitzquake, and the original quake.exe for dos. and the Id1 .pak files too. Thanks again for your help.

#53 2013-04-29 06:52:37

Tamarisk

doomguy, I'm only guessing here, but perhaps you have an older version of Java? You can check at this site...

javatester.org/version.html

You want to make sure the version is 7 Update 21. If you don't have this then I would recommend you download it from www.java.com

Let us know if you make any progress.

Tamarisk

#54 2013-04-29 07:54:48

Spirit
Administrator

Oops, I thought we had a bat file but we don't. Sorry for the confusion.

I meant that no firewall/antivirus should block it, the QI always updates its map list online when it starts and cannot run without internet access.

I think Tamarisk points in the right direction. Please try that. PS: Java is somewhat dangerous to not update anyways, always install its updates as soon as they are available, especially if you have it enabled in your web browser.

#55 2013-05-11 07:05:51

doomguy1987

hey guys I just wanted to drop by and say that I have fixed the problem of quakeinjector.jar connecting to the internet it wasnt a java problem for i had the latest installed already. I downloaded a pc repair program to speed up my pc and it fixed it. So that's one problem tackled I have run into a new problem ive downloaded some maps off of the program with it and have configured it to run off of fitzquake engine exe and have the quake directory running off of my registered dos installment of the game that I bought off of ebay a while back and upon hitting the play map button I get a message quake error you must have a registered version to play modified games. I am here staring at the pc screen facepalming saying I do have the registered version of quake complete with bigbox cd case and art with manual. So have I done something wrong here, should I buy the steam version of the game because from what I heard that version is a bit broken in the fact that it doesnt come with the official soundtrack which is a deal breaker for me. Any help will be appreciated and thanks for helping before.

#56 2013-06-06 22:37:57

mmm

Just a few quick suggestions. Can you add link to go the map page somewhere near the play/uninstall etc buttons? I'd like to comment/vote after I've played the map for the first time.

Another thing is I'd love to have dark color scheme, seeing as Quake is pretty dark itself :)

#57 2013-09-18 11:25:15

Marco Nadal

DO WANT: An extra collumn or tag that indicates wether a map is a mod (installs in its own folder) or a simple map (installs in id1\maps\ or quoth\maps\ etc.). Looking for basic maps that I can combine with a weapon mod when I play.
Also the ability to search archive contents would be good, so if someone is looking to learn mapping, searching for .map files would be useful.

#58 2014-04-02 12:48:06

JohnVich

doomguy1987 wrote:

hey guys I just wanted to drop by and say that I have fixed the problem of quakeinjector.jar connecting to the internet it wasnt a java problem for i had the latest installed already. I downloaded a pc repair program to speed up my pc and it fixed it. So that's one problem tackled I have run into a new problem ive downloaded some maps off of the program with it and have configured it to run off of fitzquake engine exe and have the quake directory running off of my registered dos installment of the game that I bought off of ebay a while back and upon hitting the play map button I get a message quake error you must have a registered version to play modified games. I am here staring at the pc screen facepalming saying I do have the registered version of quake complete with bigbox cd case and art with manual. So have I done something wrong here, should I buy the steam version of the game because from what I heard that version is a bit broken in the fact that it doesnt come with the official soundtrack which is a deal breaker for me. Any help will be appreciated and thanks for helping before.

which pc repair program you installed was that krojam cleaner or anything else...

#59 2014-04-02 14:27:02

RomCom

Hello, I would like to know if there is a version of QuakeInjector that follows the users GTK theme?
All other java form apps follow that on my end except QuakeInjector and it looks really out-of-place color scheme wise

#60 2014-04-06 21:40:45

Spirit
Administrator

I don't think so. Sadly we don't have an active Java developer for the Injector. :(

#61 2017-01-27 15:46:58

Little Al

I keep getting "couldn't spawn server maps" trying to run "fmb_bdg, This Onion, by Mark Woodham". Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#62 2017-03-23 01:36:01

Mecheye

Getting a "can't spawn server" error with any Retrojam 5 map in Quakespasm via the Injector.

Last edited by Mecheye (2017-03-23 01:36:24)

#63 2017-03-23 08:48:35

negke

Fixed.

#64 2017-04-01 20:07:10

Jon V

fmb_bdg (This Onion) does not work in quake injector. The console keeps giving the error "couldn't spawn server map fmb_bdg."

#65 2017-04-02 08:33:53

negke

Fixed. The actual map name is fmb_bdg1.

#66 2017-04-08 19:35:34

Spirit
Administrator

More bugs from my inbox over the past months (oops!). I did not check which ones are fixed already:

map pg2 of 2000 (Phantasmal Garrison v2) doesnt work OK

lpqsp1 doesnt work OK

level5 doesnt work OK. It has its own pack and unpacked OK, but couldnt run with the injector.

There are more bugs with 24h_jam maps. It was unpacked to 24h_jam directory instead to be installed to ID1\maps. And the name of the first map is not correct 24h_mukor instead 24hrs_mukor

babel: It's not possible for the injector to execute the babel.pak if you use quakespasm. In the review comments it says the obvious solution, renaming it to pak0.pak, then -game babel; map babel; will work.

the map progref doesnt work OK because it is installed in Quake root directory

repack cyberelic1.zip because of the bug with the Injector

Board footer