#1 2012-04-04 14:39:35

Spirit
Administrator

Feedback needed on the maps listing

Please give me some input on http://www.quaddicted.com/reviews/

1) Do you download directly from that by clicking on the size link?

2) Do you ever care about the size while looking at that list (note that the size is shown on each releases' details page)?

3) Is the font for the tags too small now?

4) Would you mind if we went back to showing the textual editor's rating ("Excellent", "Nice", etc) and a number for the user ratings?

---

I would like to drop the size column completely.

And I implemented a bayesian rating for the user ratings (no, I do not understand a bit of that page). See a working in progress temporary http://www.quaddicted.com/reviews/index_bayes.php (only works if you are logged out). Sort by user rating and see the new order. The number in parenthesis is the number of ratings. The other number is the bayesian value thingie.

This does not simply make a sum of ratings devided by number of ratings -> average, but actually takes the number of ratings into account.

This means that you should give more ratings. And especially to the less good maps. Currently the average of user ratings is a 3.9. Which sucks.

PS: If you are bored, make screenshots of speedmaps. One shot per map, no HUD elements at all, 1024x768, JPEG at 85%, gamma 1 if possible, not lower than 0.8 please. Pixelquake if possible, trilinear filtering otherwise. No custom textures...

#2 2012-04-04 16:42:49

ericw

Re: Feedback needed on the maps listing

1) no 2) no 3) no 4) no.

Bayesian ratings: sounds cool :-)

#3 2012-04-07 10:11:58

Spirit
Administrator

How on earth can I get people to get more involved, the feedback and participation here always is so low. :(

#4 2012-04-07 17:30:38

Supa

1) Yes if I'm looking for that specific map, otherwise no. RE the size column, replacing it with a small 'download this map now' icon would be fine
2) No
3) No, it's fine
4) No preference

Regarding feedback, try poking some of the people on i3d? I'm sure scar3crow would be happy to put up a cross-promotional news item, not that the i3d news draws that many eyes nowadays. :|

#5 2012-04-08 17:40:48

negke

1) Yes, if I'm looking for that specific map.
2) Yes.
3) No.
4) Dunno, no.

#6 2012-04-11 02:31:32

Digs

1) Yes
2) yes
3) no
4) No

#7 2012-05-04 14:13:07

generic

1) No
2) Yes -- you could save some real estate by putting KB in the column header.
3) No
4) No

Need any help fixing the Various author for speedmaps?

Board footer