#1 2018-02-26 22:54:51

Not Jabba

Questions about Ruins of the Elder God (jam9_shotro)

Just played this -- a very strange and interesting map. A few things stumped me throughout, so I thought I'd pick the community hivemind a bit. Spoilers below.

1. Has anybody found all six of the gears? What do they do?
2. What is the secret bonfire for?
3. Is there some kind of "good" ending? I got all the runes, destroyed the contract, and killed the prototypes, but I seem to have been eaten by some kind of monster upon exiting? Given the large number of secrets and alternative ways of doing things in this map, I wonder if there's more to it that I might have missed.

#2 2018-02-27 18:40:15

ShoTro

Re: Questions about Ruins of the Elder God (jam9_shotro)

Hey Not Jabba. Thanks for playing the map. The version you played is outdated and incomplete. If you download the mappack from the quoth website you will get an updated version of the map with a "good" ending.

All six gears can be found and destroyed unlocking the secret room, the bonfire gives you ammo, armor and health (like resting at a bonfire in Dark Souls) and the ending was completely changed to something a little less... WTF, but still interesting ripoff of dark souls.

#3 2018-02-27 18:42:21

ShoTro

I forgot to mention. The level was reworked a bunch for the Quoth release as well... so it is a bit less frustrating and there are new things to experience as well. I know the level was a bit frustrating, but the newer version addresses a lot of the problems that people had.

#4 2018-02-28 04:37:35

Not Jabba

Ok, cool! Thanks for letting me know.

#5 2018-03-11 09:18:48

hkBattousai

I liked this map very much. I appreciate ShoTro's great work. Thank you very much.

Not Jabba wrote:

1. Has anybody found all six of the gears?

I literally searched every corner of the map. But still I can't find one secret and one mechanism. After spending so much time on the map, I think I deserve spoilers about the missing secret and mechanism. If anyone knows them, please share with us.

Mechanism #1 - Under the lift
xrUP2KZ.jpg

Mechanism #2 - In the water
vZXAZn1.jpg

Mechanism #3 - Under the bridge
pfQfYpW.jpg

Mechanism #4 - Near the bloody square
Zf8YN8l.jpg

Mechanism #5 - Over the cage
gVFxVOE.png

Mechanism #6? - At the main square
THIS ONE DOESN'T BREAK. SHOOTING IT HAS NO EFFECT.
Either this is not one of the mechanisms or the player must somehow trigger something and make it breakable.
wOsXHrV.png

Secret #1 - Armor under the water at the beginning
LqlwXpf.png

Secret #2 - The bonefire
jZ0aRlx.jpg

Secret #3 - Behind the waterfall
90vnRE6.jpg

Secret #4 - In the library
zOcGIHH.jpg

Secret #5 - On the ceiling of the massacre area
aTRJZtZ.png

Secret #6 - The armor on the roof