#1 2018-03-19 11:04:59

DH1988

Fitzquake and Qspasm

I have never used Fitzqauke, only Qspasm, gl or darkplaces..
Was wondering if I can play some maps/older maps (without missing/compatibility issues) that recommend Fitzquake but on Quakespasm instead?
I'm using Quoth2 for some Quoth maps (bsp) (only ever used Quoth one on Simple Quake launcher)  at the moment and I'm either missing something/lost in-game or something is not loading due to compatibility..
Any help would be great thanks.

p.s I am playing the maps for fitzquake, just NOT on Fitzquake.. I can't seem to progress at some parts.. Map being played is APSP2 - Plumbers Don't Wear Ties. Had similar thing Happen in Mainframe Mayhem too...

Last edited by DH1988 (2018-03-19 11:10:52)

#2 2018-03-19 11:58:05

onetruepurple
Banned

Re: Fitzquake and Qspasm

Quakespasm is a highly modified Fitzquake 0.85. Practically every Fitzquake map is guaranteed to run exactly the same in Quakespasm.

p.s I am playing the maps for fitzquake, just NOT on Fitzquake.. I can't seem to progress at some parts.. Map being played is APSP2 - Plumbers Don't Wear Ties. Had similar thing Happen in Mainframe Mayhem too...

Are you sure this is an engine problem and not just a gameplay problem? APSP2 can be confusing.

#3 2018-03-19 12:04:08

DH1988

Re: Fitzquake and Qspasm

Thanks for clearing that up..
Yes, I was wondering if it was probably just me getting lost in the map...
Just wanted to double check.
I'm in the first bit of the level and have no idea why there is no where to go, thought maybe there was some engine problem that was not loading parts of the map properly as silly as that sounds!

Board footer