#1 2018-01-14 20:50:01

Ignaeus

How to play custom maps with AD 1.7.?

Hey rangers,

I am sorry if this question may be noobish: I cannot figure out how to play custom maps with arcane dimension 1.7.
For example "The Horde of Zendar".

I have placed the pak0 and pak1 file from the mod into the following folder structure:
C:\Games\Quake\AD\maps\Zendar

My .exe command is this: C:\Games\Quake\quakespasm.exe -heapsize 256000 -zone 4096  -game ad +map ad_zendar

Problem is that I start instant on the map itself. I do not get to the total beginning where I can change my difficulty setting. How do you guys play custom maps on AC 1.7.? Could not find any guide to this in the internet.

Thx in advance for any kind hints!

#2 2018-01-14 22:12:24

Tronyn

Re: How to play custom maps with AD 1.7.?

Shouldn't any .pak files such as pak0 and pak1, be in the directory Quake\AD?
(i.e. not AD\maps but just AD, AD\maps should be for .bsp files which are individual maps)

You can always change skills by typing "skill x" where x is 0,1,2, or 3 in the console and then restarting the map by typing kill (if you type skill again it will tell you the current skill), but what I would do is go +map ad_chapters (which has the entrance to Zendar) or +map start (the other AD start map).

Hope this helps!

#3 2018-01-14 22:41:45

Ignaeus

Cheers Tronyn, I have learned a bit from your suggestions. Anyway, I try to get this map here: https://www.quaddicted.com/reviews/mstalk1d.html

started with Arcane Dimensions 1.7. Unfortunately I only can get it running with the vanilla engine, but not with Arcane Dimension:( Do you have any hints what I can do?

#4 2018-01-15 01:07:57

Tronyn

Sure, though I am a bit confused since Arcane Dimensions is not an engine (program) but a mod (content). You do need to use the Quakespasm engine (get it at http://quakespasm.sourceforge.net/) for the Arcane Dimensions mod (or it is recommended at the least), but the version of the Midnight Stalker map you linked to does indeed support normal vanilla Quake with no custom mod or engine required.

Be aware that the version you linked may not be the same as the original one which contains its own mod, at least if I am understanding the following web page correctly:
http://www.simonoc.com/pages/design/sp/mstalk.htm

Anyway the tl;dr is that you should generally use an engine like Quakespasm and know what mod requirements particular maps have. If you get the version from Sock's site you may not need the AD mod or a custom engine.

#5 2018-11-17 02:13:52

Mr.Nasa

Hi I just Registered my account and i'm new to Quake Maps Can you help me?

#6 2018-11-17 11:06:37

negke

#7 2018-11-17 22:19:57

Mr.Nasa

Thanks negke ill play and try to make maps in Quake. i've made maps for Valve titles before and i'm excited to map for a new title

Board footer