#1 2019-01-10 18:47:41

Korozive

Quake Injector.

Can you use Dark Places to run the maps in Quake Injector? Been having a lot of fun using basic Quake engine but Dark Places looks so gorgeous.  In my engine configuration I have it set to start with Dark Places but it just goes to the start map and not the custom map. What am I doing wrong here?

#2 2019-01-10 18:50:42

Korozive

Re: Quake Injector.

Nevermind. Found my mistake.

#3 2019-01-10 19:43:11

Korozive

Got another problem. Everything looks great except the Knight on custom maps looks like a rainbow colored cube. Also the Enforcer at times. Any ideas?

In Nehahra the Enforcer renders fine skin wise but his projectile (anything laser type) is a rainbow colored cube.

No issues whatsoever playing stock Quake with Darkplaces.

Last edited by Korozive (2019-01-11 18:38:39)

#4 2019-01-13 00:13:54

Korozive

Did I put this in the wrong forum or what?

#5 2019-01-13 22:08:25

Spirit
Administrator

No, the forums are not too active at times. ;)

You can use DP, the Injector is engine-agnostic, but you will encounter bugs in some releases.

It sounds like you are missing pak1.pak, so you only have the shareware content. Darkplaces uses that rainbow cube as placeholder for content it does not have. https://www.gog.com/game/quake_the_offering is a good option to buy Quake nowadays.

#6 2019-01-13 23:24:16

Korozive

Spirit wrote:

No, the forums are not too active at times. ;)

You can use DP, the Injector is engine-agnostic, but you will encounter bugs in some releases.

It sounds like you are missing pak1.pak, so you only have the shareware content. Darkplaces uses that rainbow cube as placeholder for content it does not have. https://www.gog.com/game/quake_the_offering is a good option to buy Quake nowadays.

I have the registered version of Quake. I just went in and copy pasted the pak1.pak from stock Quake and pasted into Dark Places and voila, no more issues. Thank you very much for your help. I am off to rape and pillage.

Last edited by Korozive (2019-01-13 23:37:20)

Board footer