You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-10 00:35:41

TERMiNAL
Guest

Can't get music to play automatically with Quakespasm

I can use Quakespasm just fine and download maps with the Injector, I know how to do all that and I have no troubles!

But the music won't play for me automatically, even after reading  the README files included.

I have the .ogg files stored it /id1/music, and I also have the hipnotic addon, I have the music for that in hipnotic/music.

When I'm in the console and type in music track002 it will play them manually.

When I look at the console when loading up a mod, it shows "couldn't find a cdrip for track 5" or a different number on a different level.

What am I doing wrong guys?

#2 2017-02-10 01:07:16

manwithnoname22
Member

Re: Can't get music to play automatically with Quakespasm

TERMiNAL wrote:

I can use Quakespasm just fine and download maps with the Injector, I know how to do all that and I have no troubles!

But the music won't play for me automatically, even after reading  the README files included.

I have the .ogg files stored it /id1/music, and I also have the hipnotic addon, I have the music for that in hipnotic/music.

When I'm in the console and type in music track002 it will play them manually.

When I look at the console when loading up a mod, it shows "couldn't find a cdrip for track 5" or a different number on a different level.

What am I doing wrong guys?

If I am not mistaken, the filenames are supposed to be:

track02, not track002, etc

Notice only one zero, instead of two.

Last edited by manwithnoname22 (2017-02-10 01:07:56)

#3 2017-02-10 01:14:51

TERMiNAL
Guest

Re: Can't get music to play automatically with Quakespasm

manwithnoname22 wrote:
TERMiNAL wrote:

I can use Quakespasm just fine and download maps with the Injector, I know how to do all that and I have no troubles!

But the music won't play for me automatically, even after reading  the README files included.

I have the .ogg files stored it /id1/music, and I also have the hipnotic addon, I have the music for that in hipnotic/music.

When I'm in the console and type in music track002 it will play them manually.

When I look at the console when loading up a mod, it shows "couldn't find a cdrip for track 5" or a different number on a different level.

What am I doing wrong guys?

If I am not mistaken, the filenames are supposed to be:

track02, not track002, etc

Notice only one zero, instead of two.

Yes that worked! I should have read a LITTLE bit closer.

Why would the tracks be in "002" default format though? They all have to be manually changed.

#4 2017-02-10 02:39:10

manwithnoname22
Member

Re: Can't get music to play automatically with Quakespasm

TERMiNAL wrote:
manwithnoname22 wrote:
TERMiNAL wrote:

I can use Quakespasm just fine and download maps with the Injector, I know how to do all that and I have no troubles!

But the music won't play for me automatically, even after reading  the README files included.

I have the .ogg files stored it /id1/music, and I also have the hipnotic addon, I have the music for that in hipnotic/music.

When I'm in the console and type in music track002 it will play them manually.

When I look at the console when loading up a mod, it shows "couldn't find a cdrip for track 5" or a different number on a different level.

What am I doing wrong guys?

If I am not mistaken, the filenames are supposed to be:

track02, not track002, etc

Notice only one zero, instead of two.

Yes that worked! I should have read a LITTLE bit closer.

Why would the tracks be in "002" default format though? They all have to be manually changed.


What audio ripper did you use to get the audio from the CD?  You can usually change the setting that tells the audio ripper how to name your files when creating batches.

Also, on a partially related note, if you intend to play Quake 2 using Yamaqi Quake, the .ogg files must be named:

02.ogg, 03.ogg, etc

There is no "track" anywhere in the filename, so keep that in mind.

Last edited by manwithnoname22 (2017-02-10 02:39:55)

#5 2017-02-10 02:57:37

TERMiNAL
Guest

Re: Can't get music to play automatically with Quakespasm

manwithnoname22 wrote:
TERMiNAL wrote:
manwithnoname22 wrote:

If I am not mistaken, the filenames are supposed to be:

track02, not track002, etc

Notice only one zero, instead of two.

Yes that worked! I should have read a LITTLE bit closer.

Why would the tracks be in "002" default format though? They all have to be manually changed.


What audio ripper did you use to get the audio from the CD?  You can usually change the setting that tells the audio ripper how to name your files when creating batches.

Also, on a partially related note, if you intend to play Quake 2 using Yamaqi Quake, the .ogg files must be named:

02.ogg, 03.ogg, etc

There is no "track" anywhere in the filename, so keep that in mind.

Didn't use any ripper actually, found those files for the Q1 and the Hipnotic soundtracks.

Working fine now! Thanks.

#6 2020-07-13 03:56:31

Aaron
Guest

Re: Can't get music to play automatically with Quakespasm

Just need to post a "thank you" because renaming my files to track01, etc, fixed my problem. Thank you!

Quick reply

Write your message and submit
Are you human or robot? If you have trouble, mail to spirit åt quaddicted døt c

Checking if this is requested by a real person and not an automated program.

Board footer