#1 2020-09-16 10:27:05

drugod

A question about quake 1 modding

Hi, i have a questions...How can I make two maps interconnected and keep dead monsters. events, key taken and other stuff when returning to this two connected maps? Something like Quake 2?

Thanks a lot in advance

#2 2020-09-16 12:36:06

Mugwump

Re: A question about quake 1 modding

I think that's possible with hacks. I suggest you look into the excellent tutorials on tomeofpreach, or ask around on func_msgboard.

#3 2020-09-16 12:38:42

drugod

Mugwump wrote:

I think that's possible with hacks. I suggest you look into the excellent tutorials on tomeofpreach, or ask around on func_msgboard.

Thanks! I'll do, anyway the idea is make something quake 2 interconnecting maps, but in this case with quake 1

#4 2020-09-16 13:12:57

drugod

Ok i have found in quake 2 the following...

http://tastyspleen.net/~panjoo/rust/tut … 28/28.html

So i just need to put the "target_changelevel" into quake 1, I "just" dig in the quake 2 code... someone knows how to convert quake 2 code to quake 1 :P

Thanks !

#5 2020-09-16 17:23:53

--

Why not just glue your interconnected maps together? Is bsp2 not enough?
Quoth possibly supports this. There's an undocumented "seamless" "1" value on trigger_changelevel in ne_marb.bsp ("Crescendo of Dreams"). Kill count carries over to the next level. Quoth also definitely has options for carrying keys over between levels. I'm not sure other things are preserved - try it.

#6 2020-09-16 23:18:57

drugod

-- wrote:

Why not just glue your interconnected maps together? Is bsp2 not enough?
Quoth possibly supports this. There's an undocumented "seamless" "1" value on trigger_changelevel in ne_marb.bsp ("Crescendo of Dreams"). Kill count carries over to the next level. Quoth also definitely has options for carrying keys over between levels. I'm not sure other things are preserved - try it.

Sounds interesting, ill try it, thanks so much!

#7 2020-09-18 06:27:01

Mugwump

Another solution would be to import Q1 assets into Q2 for a TC. Not sure which way requires the most work but it could be simpler.

The Q2 community is moribund nowadays but I'm sure if Q1 fans know there's a "real Quake 2" for Q2, they would play it.

Last edited by Mugwump (2020-09-18 06:28:29)

#8 2020-09-18 21:40:56

drugod

Mugwump wrote:

Another solution would be to import Q1 assets into Q2 for a TC. Not sure which way requires the most work but it could be simpler.

The Q2 community is moribund nowadays but I'm sure if Q1 fans know there's a "real Quake 2" for Q2, they would play it.

I was thinking port the mod to Hexen 2, due its has all that i need, (persistence, rotating objects etc...) and should be fast

#9 2020-10-21 17:13:09

fairweather

Trying to get this to work in Q1 is a fools errand imo. Just make a huge level or design around the limitation, trying to force this weird stuff into Q1 is asking for trouble.

Board footer