#26 2020-10-07 08:26:21

fairweather

Re: Dwell - Episode 1 Released!

Hey y'all, what will probably be the (hopefully) final patch for Episode 1 is here! This fixes all bugs that have been reported to us.
The fix for lerping monsters in QSS is in the newest dev build of the engine, which you can find [here].
[Download Patch 2 + Episode 1]

In this build, we're also pushing a prepackaged version of the mod, including the latest version of Quakespasm Spiked and the mod, just add Id1 and hit that batch file!
[Download Dwell Prepackaged]

Start
- Fixed minor texture issues.
- Improved Nightmare door sequence.
- Nothing else :)

D1M4
- Fixed entrance message not triggering.
- Fixed a major crash on Debian-based Linux systems.
- Modified out-of-water trap encounter.
- Fixed a minor softlock.
- Small texture alignment fixes.
- Fixed the exit sound not playing upon approach.
- Most Ogre perches are now accessible.

D1M5
- Fixed some texture issues.
- Fixed a softlock that occurs if you grenade jump to get a key early.
- Added a "Reward" for doing so.
- Modified Rocket Launcher Secret to no longer be unmarked.

D1M6
- Improved Clipping.
- SNG Shamblers koolaid instantly.

D1M8
- Added a little helping hand to Wave 4.

D1M9
- Fixed a softlock in a secret area.
- Improved Boss Fight.

Last edited by fairweather (2020-10-07 08:29:18)

#27 2020-10-07 08:50:43

fairweather

qazzaq wrote:

Searching for tricks in sources is rather disgausting, something like cheating. But thanks for a hint - all I needed just listen more accurate ;)
I get it! Really, this button is wery special trick, newer seen that any before.

There's a secret much like it in Underdark Overbright's UDOB3, to get a gold key you must hit a button and return to the start to take a teleporter up. I am almost certain that's where Henry got the idea from, it's a good bit of inspiration.

#28 2020-10-07 11:28:51

Ninja

I dont know if its a bug or not, but i only had to kill 160 out of 256 on Vestigial by JCR to complete the level on nightmare,I didnt find all the secrets, but surely theres not another 90 somewhere in secrets,Played it 5 times always same out come

#29 2020-10-07 11:34:14

Ninja

sorry 160/252 killed to finsh level

#30 2020-10-07 13:15:22

fairweather

Not a bug. The map is very open and all kills are available.

#31 2020-10-07 15:13:23

mastema88
Banned

for a player to try 5 times and still not get all the kills... seems like its a problem with the map. would love to hear from 10 or so people NOT involved with the creation of this pack who've played that level and got all the kills...

Last edited by mastema88 (2020-10-07 15:13:42)

#32 2020-10-07 15:51:35

fairweather

mastema88 wrote:

for a player to try 5 times and still not get all the kills... seems like its a problem with the map. would love to hear from 10 or so people NOT involved with the creation of this pack who've played that level and got all the kills...

We've had at least 4 people send us proof of 100% from Normal up to Nightmare. This one's on you mate.

#33 2020-10-07 17:07:24

Ninja

I Just thought it was strange, thats why i text, i just thought ahhh maybe they all in the secrets i didnt find.In all other levels i didnt get all kills, maybe 4 to 10 not killed, but again thats because i didnt find all secrets

#34 2020-10-07 21:43:54

Ninja

fairweather wrote:

Not a bug. The map is very open and all kills are available.

Then maybe the route i keep taking, are missing trigger points.Because i know in the game, some trigger points, make the enemy fall out near you from everywhere, like its rainning cats & dogs.Its the only thing i can think of, im missing trigger points, to the way i play

#35 2020-10-08 11:00:34

qazzaq

Text not needed.
3DV1WnI.jpg

#36 2020-10-12 16:52:04

Philnemba

Hi I've downloaded the Dwell prepackaged version and try to play the mod and I'm getting an Unknown command "startmap_sp" error which is preventing me from starting a new game. I have a copy of my ID1 in the same directory as dwellv1p2 and I started up using the batch file so is there something I'm missing?

#37 2020-10-13 07:21:40

fairweather

Hey Philnemba, are you using a 32bit operating system? We've had some issues in that regard.

#38 2020-10-13 15:11:52

Philnemba

No my PC is a 64-bit operating system.

#39 2020-10-15 10:50:09

Bek

Found a couple of minor bugs in d1m1.
You can get stuck on / hurt by both elevator buttons:
https://files.catbox.moe/kv7o7a.mp4
https://files.catbox.moe/hq6x7p.mp4
And you can pick up the weapon in the Aphex Twin room through the glass without pressing a button.
https://files.catbox.moe/j2xxux.mp4
Played up to secret level and really enjoyed the episode so far, thanks for the work, can't wait for future episodes.

#40 2020-10-15 14:00:41

fairweather

Thanks for all the feedback, Bek. Glad you're enjoying yourself! These will all be fixed come the dawn of Episode 2.

#41 2020-10-16 10:45:24

Bek

Hello, it's me again. Finished the secret level yesterday and what an absolute unit of a level it was. Though not sure if it's a case of me being blind, but on a repeated entry to a secret area its doors closed behind me and I wasn't able to find a way to open them.
https://files.catbox.moe/ikhe9b.mp4
Also, there's a water plane texture missing near the main area.
https://files.catbox.moe/a0fs87.mp4
Sorry if this is not the right place to report those issues or if those are already known, don't have any Discords and usually don't even bother with reporting stuff, but for some reason felt compelled to with this project.
Also I jumped enough times and was promised that Mazu will be forced to recompile his map, so I'm waiting for that

#42 2020-10-20 09:06:27

JP

Stunning work. Most fun I've had in Quake since the best Arcane Dimensions maps.

Difficulty in general forced me (I'm not pro player) to really lean into techniques like telefragging and speedrunning past fights - which was great.

The atmospheric beat on the first level where the long elevator tracks down to the lovecraftian bridge was *chef kiss*.

Can't wait for episode 2.

#43 2020-10-23 20:45:04

hanz_moleman

fairweather wrote:
qazzaq wrote:

Seems to be the secret on d1m5 will be discovered thru falling in right place (rather in the center of red cross), but where trigger to activare it? I still do not figure it out.

I don't want to have to spoil it, but let's just say in that room, you'll have to do some teleportation acrobatics after hitting a button you've certainly hit before. There is a .map source included if you cannot find it, but it should be quite easy with the hint.

Heellllllpppp I still don't get it!
I fall into the hole with 4 blood streams running in to it, then I'm teleported next to it with reduced health, but I'm not moving at all so I don't see where acrobatics comes in to it. Do I shoot something while I'm falling?

Last edited by hanz_moleman (2020-10-23 20:45:22)

#44 2020-10-23 21:01:55

h4724

hanz_moleman wrote:
fairweather wrote:
qazzaq wrote:

Seems to be the secret on d1m5 will be discovered thru falling in right place (rather in the center of red cross), but where trigger to activare it? I still do not figure it out.

I don't want to have to spoil it, but let's just say in that room, you'll have to do some teleportation acrobatics after hitting a button you've certainly hit before. There is a .map source included if you cannot find it, but it should be quite easy with the hint.

Heellllllpppp I still don't get it!
I fall into the hole with 4 blood streams running in to it, then I'm teleported next to it with reduced health, but I'm not moving at all so I don't see where acrobatics comes in to it. Do I shoot something while I'm falling?

There's another element to the secret. That hint alone won't help you. Look around in the area.

#45 2020-10-26 08:34:29

fairweather

Thanks Kirtisinha, will check it out.

Edit: Previous spam post removed.

Last edited by negke (2020-10-26 17:37:26)

#46 2021-01-18 04:08:16

Dukeofibanez

Awesome episode so far. Is there anyway to save co-op game progress though?

#47 2021-01-18 07:49:12

fairweather

Dukeofibanez wrote:

Thanks dude! Currently there's no way to save in Multiplayer/Co-op games of Quake. However, all levels are balanced to be playable from a fresh start, so you shouldn't have a problem if you simply warp to the level you're up to.

#48 2021-01-18 17:17:54

Dukeofibanez

fairweather wrote:
Dukeofibanez wrote:

Thanks dude! Currently there's no way to save in Multiplayer/Co-op games of Quake. However, all levels are balanced to be playable from a fresh start, so you shouldn't have a problem if you simply warp to the level you're up to.

Ok gotcha. We thought that might be the case since we found the weapons are already had in a few different maps.

We had a blast playing the episode so far and are really looking forward to the next one. Thanks

#49 2021-01-21 20:40:37

BFIIKilla

This episode is amazing, great Job!

#50 2021-02-01 09:30:11

Gioyo3aa

fairweather: I suppose tons of people have already asked you this, but do you have any idea when the next episode will be released? Also, how many of them are you planning?

Most importantly: thanks a lot to you and the whole team for this episode, of course!

Board footer