#1 2021-02-09 11:26:34

ShubShubAzathoth

Question regarding QSS

I use Quakespasm Spiked mainly to be able to play Arcane Dimenisons 1.8 properly.
It's actually a perfectly oiled machine and one of my favorite source ports. The only odd thing is that I get very long loading time when startig a map, accompanied by severe sound stutter / mouse lag for 10-20 seconds. After that everything runs perfect. It is independent of the size of the map. My setup is slightly more than one year old, so I guess that's not the reason... Does anyone know what's the cause? Thanks!

Edit: I'm running it on Windows 10 with a 2019 MacBook Pro via Bootcamp, if that's related.

Last edited by ShubShubAzathoth (2021-02-09 11:43:48)

#2 2021-02-11 08:45:12

ShubShubAzathoth

Re: Question regarding QSS

After extended research I am a bit smarter but the more confused... Apparently my system (Windows 10 64 bit) has a problem with the 64 bit variants of both QS and QSS and with the SDL2.dll. When I use Quakespasm 0.93.2 32 bit with the SDL 1.2 variant, everything runs perfectly. If I use Quakespasm Spiked 32 bit, which as far as I understand only runs with SDL2, I still have the given problems. So it must have something to do with SDL2 or with something else related to my system... I'm not technically proficient enough, so I'm satisfied with my partial success and stay with Quakespasm 0.93.2 for now.

#3 2021-02-20 20:44:27

ShubShubAzathoth

Re: Question regarding QSS

Haha... to conclude this one: sometimes you can think way too complicated. But that's how you learn. Disable all background apps in windows 10 and the problem is solved. Permanently. Nevermind, though.

Board footer