#1 2021-07-21 12:02:33

Alex Ros

Help! Can't find monster entity

How that AD exploding boil-head-or-what is called? I mean not the boil-monster (I see him among entities) but that pulsating abscess ball on the walls/floors which explodes on contact.

Last edited by Alex Ros (2021-07-22 09:10:04)

#2 2021-07-21 12:12:38

Gila

Re: Help! Can't find monster entity

I think it's just "Boil". From ad_v1_80_documentation.txt:

* monster_boil a slow moving player proximity bomb (can be nailed to floor/walls)

monster_boil
A slow moving explosive enemy that can do massive amounts of damage to other monsters. Can be setup to walk around, be hobbled to the ground or staked to a wall. Has a spit projectile if stationary to attract attention to itself and be a warning to players. Best dealt with by a NG/SNG because its a small bounding box or use a GL for one hit explosions.

#3 2021-07-21 12:15:44

Alex Ros

Oh. I see. There's no extra entity. That's just the same boil_monster sunken into geometry so legs aren't visible. Hmm, tricky! THANKS

#4 2021-07-21 12:18:10

triple_agent

@'Alex Ros', for the topic premise, I am afraid you will need to specify it more; for example, towards something like: Help! Mapping with 'Arcane Dimensions'. Anyway, "Help!" alone - even if overseen by the "Quake Maps" forum section - is too generic of a title for the ways of foruming. You need to be more specific, for the sake of record, unless the topic is meant temporary.

For your question, I have not been specifically through the "ad_v1_80_documentation.txt" filecontent yet, but it seems like a must-read for someone who aims to make better sense of the asset-power at hand.

The monster you ask about, is probably called "boil":

A slow moving explosive enemy that can do massive amounts of [incidental] damage to other monsters. Can be setup to walk around, be hobbled to the ground or staked to a wall. Has a spit projectile if stationary to attract attention to itself and be a warning to players.

Entity codename: "monster_boil"
Transformations:

spawnflag HANGING = 2;          // On wall upside down by spikes
spawnflag HOBBLED = 4;          // On floor fixed down by spikes

Last edited by triple_agent (2021-07-21 12:20:30)

#5 2021-07-21 12:28:15

Alex Ros

triple_agent wrote:

@'Alex Ros', for the topic premise, I am afraid you will need to specify it more; for example, towards something like: Help! Mapping with 'Arcane Dimensions'. Anyway, "Help!" alone - even if overseen by the "Quake Maps" forum section - is too generic of a title for the ways of foruming. You need to be more specific, for the sake of record, unless the topic is meant temporary.

I am afraid there will be a lot of stupid tiny questions mapping related not connected to AD at all. So it's fine as just HELP

For example yesterday I wanted to ask if someone made sunshafts billboards for Quake? It's a simulation of so-called god-rays. I simply decided not to ask because it doesn't really matters if someone made those already, I'll made ones by myself, that's easy old trick

THANKS for pointing me to AD docs. I was stupid enough not to look in there by myself. Seems like I am a s**thead at least sometimes, sorry boys & girls, I was born that way ;)

Last edited by Alex Ros (2021-07-21 12:30:24)

#6 2021-07-21 17:27:35

malu

I have trouble starting UDOB correctly.
Elevator wont activate and quad door is open immediately.
Wont work with Vkquake and Quakespasm. I cleaned installed the latest udob and copper mod.
Also I have the error "sv_startsound could not precached"

Someone encountered similair problem? I dont want to noclip through the elevator and might get more bugs :/

#7 2021-07-21 17:50:21

h4724

malu wrote:

That sounds like you're running the maps with vanilla progs. The udob bsp files need to be in \Quake\copper\maps, which they should be if you unzipped udob.zip into \Quake\copper\ as instructed in the readme.

The elevator is not supposed to go down from that side and the quad is meant to be a secret, so you can proceed without it, but you'll probably encounter other game-breaking issues.

#8 2021-07-22 01:55:12

triple_agent

malu wrote:

Someone encountered similair problem?

Not quite exactly the same but similar - maybe depends on the version running - but I recall it was a sign the 'Copper' mod was loaded improperly in my case.

For the 'Quakespasm', it is meant to be the most compatible 'Quake' sourceport around nowadays, therefore if something is incompatible with it, good luck to that creation. From what I know, "Underdark Overbright" should work well with 'Quakespasm'.

Last edited by triple_agent (2021-07-22 01:58:54)

#9 2021-07-22 08:33:25

Spirit
Administrator

Alex Ros wrote:

A topic for some momentary tiny 'help' questions. I've searched with the 'search' function and found none. But I am sorry if I did search wrongly and such a thread already exists...

Such thread should not exist ;)
Make one for each topic otherwise this will just be a chaotic mess. A forum isn't a chat channel but allows for some nice structuring.

#10 2021-07-22 09:10:52

Alex Ros

Done

#11 2021-07-22 16:04:33

triple_agent

@'Spirit', the otherwise perfectly valid question of 'malu', could be extracted along with the two corresponding posts by the 'h4724' and myself respectively, to be put as a separate thread, entitled after the first line of the initial post in question.

This very post of mine, may be deleted.

Last edited by triple_agent (2021-07-22 16:07:33)

#12 2021-07-22 18:33:40

Spirit
Administrator

Nah, it's ok. No need for finicky pedantism :)

#13 2021-07-22 19:16:22

Alex Ros

Punks not dead

Board footer