#1 2021-07-31 05:00:04

Browndog

Have not played Quake since the 90s

Back in the day, bought a PC just before Quake came out, lived on an Airforce Base and got a LAN going and had a ball playing deathmatch with the guys in my block. Had fun making levels for Quake, Heretic and Unreal Tournament. Fast forward to now and I just found out Boomer Shooters were a thing and discovered Prodeus. Somehow this lead me to Dumptruck's totally amazing mapping tutorials for trenchbroom and I felt totally obliged to reinstall Quake and get mapping.
I've also been watching map playthroughs on youtube and some (most) of the maps are stunning, it seems with modern day PCs there are no limits to how many brushes you can have in a level. I'd love to find some info about this if it's out there. Also, I downloaded and installed the HWJam Mod accessing it with SQLauncher. It leads me to my question, I start the game and get the key and enter the room with the portraits of the levels, but I have no idea how to get into the levels. Any help is appreciated.

#2 2021-08-01 13:26:49

Alex Ros

Re: Have not played Quake since the 90s

Browndog wrote:

...It leads me to my question, I start the game and get the key and enter the room with the portraits of the levels, but I have no idea how to get into the levels. Any help is appreciated.

Jump into them, like you need to go thru a painting

#3 2021-08-04 12:08:24

Browndog

Re: Have not played Quake since the 90s

DOH... why didn't I try that.

Thanks Alex.

Board footer