#1 2021-06-24 22:44:47

I_Punch_Demons

Quake Injector is not launching on my Windows 10 computer.

When I try to launch QInjector it attempts to open command line and immediately shut down. I have OpenJDK, Java 8, and Java 6. None of them seem to work with QInjector. I tried it on my laptop (Also windows 10) and it runs fine. I don't know what or how I did that it doesn't operate at all. I even downloaded the most recent version off of git hub. Any suggestions? I also tried looking for the "included" batch file but there was none. What commands would I need to write for a batch file? Any help is certainly appreciated.

#2 2021-06-24 23:58:12

I_Punch_Demons

Re: Quake Injector is not launching on my Windows 10 computer.

Figured it out. I needed to make a bat file and this opened it.

For those having the same issue here is the command line for the bat.

Filename: Quake Injector.bat
java -jar quakeinjector.jar

Double clicking the bat will run it.

#3 2021-08-07 09:21:35

JustSomeDude

I have the same problem with the newest version of Quakeinjector, the older ones had no trouble running. If I just double-click on quakeinjector.jar I get an error that says "Error: A JNI error has occurred, please check your installation and try again". If I run "java -jar quakeinjector.jar" on command prompt, I get this:

C:\Users\[OPSEC]\Desktop\Quake Injector>java -jar quakeinjector.jar quakeinjector.jar
Error: A JNI error has occurred, please check your installation and try again
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: de/haukerehfeld/quakeinjector/QuakeInjector has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 59.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 52.0
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.checkAndLoadMain(Unknown Source)

Running java -version gives me:
java version "1.8.0_301"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_301-b09)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 25.301-b09, mixed mode)

I have downloaded the "Recommended Version 8 Update 301" from java.com. Apparently there are newer versions of Java, I think they are Java SE 16 now? But where the heck do I download that runtime environment? It isn't on java.com, it isn't on oracle.com/java/technologies/javase-downloads.html as they both only have Java 8 JRE available. Is it truly expected that the users who would like to use Quake Injector download the newest _development_ environment for Java?

Last edited by JustSomeDude (2021-08-07 09:47:55)

#4 2021-08-07 16:38:50

Spirit
Administrator

Which version of the Quake Injector exactly? You can grab the fresh test release that has its own Java bundled in: https://github.com/hrehfeld/QuakeInject … a04-gradle

The windows build of alpha04 does indeed require a very recent JRE because I did not know any better, sorry. I hate Java and don't understand anything about its creative version numbers... The QI readme links to https://adoptopenjdk.net/ where the version 16 is available.

#5 2021-08-07 19:35:35

JustSomeDude

Spirit wrote:

Which version of the Quake Injector exactly? You can grab the fresh test release that has its own Java bundled in: https://github.com/hrehfeld/QuakeInject … a04-gradle

The windows build of alpha04 does indeed require a very recent JRE because I did not know any better, sorry. I hate Java and don't understand anything about its creative version numbers... The QI readme links to https://adoptopenjdk.net/ where the version 16 is available.

I must truly be blind. I honestly did not see those JRE download links earlier, only the JDK ones. I would like to apologize for my last message's hostile tone, my own misunderstanding of the situation made me irritated. I must wonder why Java 8 is still the "standard" version offered on java.com while much newer versions have come out already years ago. Thank you for your help and again, I am sorry for my earlier tone.

Last edited by JustSomeDude (2021-08-07 19:38:02)

#6 2021-08-07 21:01:19

Spirit
Administrator

No worries, your tone was reasonable considering just how complicated all that Java stuff is. And that adoptJDK site does not make it too easy to see the JRE downloads.

Enjoy Quaking!

#7 2023-01-21 12:24:41

Marcin

When i start Quake Enhanced through GOG, i got error:

Unknown  C++ exception caught in kexPlatformapp::main

What is the problem?

#8 2023-01-21 20:26:35

Spirit
Administrator

What does this have to do with the Quake Injector?

Board footer