#1 2021-08-22 05:03:07

NoNameUser

Enhanced special effects for QS-Spiked.

Is there any mod for QuakeSpasm Spiked that actually adds improved special effects such a particles, rocket explosions, underwater bubbles and so on? I don't mind the old look of Quake but I would very much welcome some visual enhancements in that department, the vanilla special effects are kind of an eyesore. I think DarkPlaces had stuff like that.

#2 2021-08-22 17:38:18

Andrew

Re: Enhanced special effects for QS-Spiked.

Just copy the "particles" folder from the" pak0.pak "file of the" Arcane Dimensions " mod to the "ID1" folder, and also copy the file there "effectinfo.txt" and you will have the same effects as in the "Arcane Dimensions"fashion. You can also run the game with the TribalFX mod (search in YouTube) and you will have both effects and dismemberment of monsters and their corpses. It really looks cool!

It is NECESSARY to create a file "autoexec.cfg" in the "ID1" folder and write the line "r_particledesc effectinfo" in it or add this line to the "quake.rc"file.

Last edited by Andrew (2021-08-22 20:10:02)

#3 2021-08-22 19:29:18

NoNameUser

Will try doing that tonight. Thanks for the help.

#4 2021-08-22 20:08:47

Andrew

Sorry guys, I completely forgot! It is NECESSARY to create a file "autoexec.cfg" in the "ID1" folder and write the line "r_particledesc effectinfo" in it or add this line to the "quake.rc"file. I just checked on QSS 0.93.2.

Last edited by Andrew (2021-08-22 20:09:41)

#5 2021-08-23 00:24:11

NoNameUser

Yes, that was in the TribalFX Readme. AD has updated special effects, though, but it worked just the same. Thanks again for the help, feels great to play with those neat effects.

Board footer