#26 2021-11-25 19:28:35

triple_agent

Re: Alkaline 1.1: the Thanksgiving update :)

I think language barrier brings a lot of confusion to this conversation.

#27 2021-11-25 20:52:44

Andrew

I didn't complain. Just added my opinion. I liked the new level with jumping boots. You've done a good job. And I heard you from the first message. Don't be offended. )))

I understand perfectly well what they are writing to me here and I do not impose myself with my proposals. It's probably me writing phrases with mistakes. These are just my suggestions. I repeat again - no offense guys. )))

Last edited by Andrew (2021-11-25 20:56:32)

#28 2021-11-26 04:02:59

triple_agent

@'Andrew', momentarily it could look like you were offended that they decided not to include your option offers, while you commented on the changelog, regarding visual assets. I think that if you are using some translator machine and are translating from a foreign language to contemporary lingua franca, it would be good to have that information transparently put in your forum description - if some kind of stamp, visible under each post, was available - because it may affect the reception of what you write.

Last edited by triple_agent (2021-11-26 04:22:50)

#29 2021-11-26 07:30:48

Spirit
Administrator

Guys, all around, stop assuming bad things and start assuming positive intentions. No one benefits from bickering or snide remarks. We all like this game, maybe in different aspects, right?

#30 2021-11-26 15:33:48

Andrew

I didn't mean to offend anyone at all. Can the administrator delete all messages with our verbal battles? I didn't even think that people could react so painfully to my neutral and harmless criticism and suggestions. I use Yandex Translator to speed up typing and make sure to check its translation.

By the way! The animation of the super nail gun and its model were done great! It's a pity there is not enough smoke from the barrels after shots like in Quake 1.5.

May peace come with you, friends!

Last edited by Andrew (2021-11-26 15:38:14)

#31 2021-11-27 02:31:58

bmFbr

Andrew wrote:

I didn't mean to offend anyone at all. Can the administrator delete all messages with our verbal battles? I didn't even think that people could react so painfully to my neutral and harmless criticism and suggestions. I use Yandex Translator to speed up typing and make sure to check its translation.

By the way! The animation of the super nail gun and its model were done great! It's a pity there is not enough smoke from the barrels after shots like in Quake 1.5.

May peace come with you, friends!

Ok, no problem. I know it's easy to get the wrong tone in online conversations unfortunately, plus language barrier can also be an issue sometimes.
No hard feelings :)

#32 2021-11-27 16:28:41

Alex Ros

Too much talkin. You better be playin!
New monsters are pretty cool. Alive mine is my favourite!

qe0SCAs.png

ac48hL1.png

xuxMyj7.png

NJdRwdO.png

Gc4XB2A.png

kYQgTqA.png

#33 2021-11-27 16:30:08

Alex Ros

Also pulse rifle is much better now. Initially it was not SOOO satisfying

#34 2021-11-28 08:21:17

Andrew

So everything has been passed for a long time since the release of version 1.0. The new levels of version 1.1 have also already been passed last week. )))
I don't just talk like that, but I speak only after I've gone through everything and made my conclusions.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I've already seen the map "Logistics of Chaos" somewhere before.
But whatever I say or criticize everything is done very well and interestingly!

#35 2021-11-28 18:29:12

h4724

Andrew wrote:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I've already seen the map "Logistics of Chaos" somewhere before.

Logistics of Chaos, North Central Positronics, and Derelict Freighter are all updated maps originally made for Alkaline Jam. Overengineering Mania was originally made for January Jump Jam in 2020.

#36 2021-11-29 15:34:38

Andrew

Thanks a lot! I didn't even think about Alkaline Jam! )))

The animation of the rotation of the super nailgun is just cool! And the model has been greatly improved and rounded off. It 's a pity that it doesn't rotate like that in the original game. Of course, if you don't have the original qc files. )))

#37 2021-11-29 16:33:10

qazzaq

Really liked new dog and cyberknight models. And what I didn’t expect at all was mechanical spyder-kamikaze.
Will a new devkit be released?

#38 2021-11-30 11:05:16

rzh

Hey there, I was playing through this on hard and I had a blast, until I reached Tellus Terminus, and apparently I can't proceed because of a bug.
There's this room with Axe Grunts where you're supposed to pick up a chainsaw and more will spawn in before the room descends like an elevator. However, the chainsaw isn't there and not Axe Grunts spawn for me so I can't proceed.
I tried it on nightmare from a fresh start and it's still not there. Not sure what happened.

#39 2021-11-30 13:19:32

qazzaq

I remember there was a quad that helped to proceed. Played on hard too.
QSS 14.10.21
Playing on last 14.11.21 revision encountered such bugs on my config.

Last edited by qazzaq (2021-11-30 13:21:50)

#40 2021-12-01 00:17:06

Greenwood

@rzh & qazzaq,

Thank you for reporting that issue regarding zigi's map. It appears to only affect those playing with updated QSS and vkQuake ports that support the new Kex episode. For example, everything regarding that map appears to work just fine in the older vkQuake 1.05.1 edition.

...and yes, qazzaq, we fully intend on releasing an updated version of the dev kit very soon! :)

UPDATE: The latest version of vkQuake (1.12.1) seems to be play zigi's map fine now. :)

Last edited by Greenwood (2021-12-01 11:36:06)

#41 2021-12-04 09:14:27

Greenwood

Alkaline's NEW, updated website! https://alkalinequake.wordpress.com/

#42 2021-12-04 11:20:25

Alex Ros

Looks cool! Better routing and presentation.

#43 2021-12-05 12:14:04

Andrew

Hello everyone!

A wish for future revisions of your mod:
1. Combining all versions of alkaline and jam into one;
2. Fading portals in the starting map at the sequential completion of levels (as in the campaign of the original game) or the appearance of text in front of the portal ("finished") along with the name of the map and its author.

Can you tell me in which qc-file the rotation of the super nail gun is described?

#44 2021-12-06 01:53:08

Alex Ros

2. It is this way already. Portals turn into blue when map is finished
1. It's not possible. Jam maps are way too different in styles, in detailing. While Alkaline have its very own distinct style

#45 2021-12-06 14:38:48

Andrew

So I'm just inattentive! )))
It's a pity that you can't combine everything into one collection. (((

#46 2021-12-06 15:03:21

qazzaq

Nevermind! Just keep them all since they has differences :P

#47 2021-12-06 16:28:52

bmFbr

Andrew wrote:

Hello everyone!

A wish for future revisions of your mod:
1. Combining all versions of alkaline and jam into one;
2. Fading portals in the starting map at the sequential completion of levels (as in the campaign of the original game) or the appearance of text in front of the portal ("finished") along with the name of the map and its author.

Can you tell me in which qc-file the rotation of the super nail gun is described?

The main map pack and the alkjam are two very different things, so there's no way for them to be combined.

The jam was a one-time community event where everyone was invited to submit their creations within a limited time frame, and wasn't meant to be updated. There will be other jams based on Alkaline in the future though.

The main pack, on the other hand, is the established official map pack created by our team, and will get other updates over time with newer content. What has happened tho (and it's still likely to happen again) is that we ended up picking the best works from the first alkjam and got them into the main pack - not without some more refinement rounds first, which almost all of the other maps got as well.

Oh, and about the SNG code, it'll be inside player.qc. We'll release the devkit on the next few days and with it we'll also publish the github repo containing the complete updated source for people to have fun with it

Last edited by bmFbr (2021-12-06 16:31:53)

#48 2021-12-07 00:04:22

Greenwood

@Andrew

Yeah, combining Jams into the main campaign might seem convenient, but that will just make things bloated. Think about all of the Jams done in Arcane Dimensions ...would you want all of them shoehorned into the main campaign?

As far as your portal request goes, the suckers now glow "Tidy Bowl" blue & state "completed" after you finish a map. Hell, that's pretty darn fancy right there! :)

On a different note, it's nice to see that folks are enjoying it. The new development kit is set to come out very soon!

Last edited by Greenwood (2021-12-07 00:04:40)

#49 2021-12-07 16:18:05

Andrew

I need help.
There are a lot of smart people here.

Can you tell me how much the model shifts in the game if the motion variable ai_run or ai_walk is registered in its "qc" file? For example, ai_walk (8) - is it in pixels, millimeters or some other values?

Why am I asking this? Editing the animation of the zombie running in the md5 model, I did everything very smoothly without jerks. But when I started the game, I saw that the model was twitching when running. I decided to look at the file "zombie.qc" and was very surprised by the large displacement of the model in the last frame of the run by 8 units! Half the night I tried to align the animation by shifting the model horizontally, but it still twitched. The final solution is either to change the "progs.dat" file by simply eliminating the displacement of the model in the last frame or by removing this frame, or to drop it all and leave it as it is. The old zombie models are also twitching in the original game. The use of a modified file is not necessary for everyone and mods have their own files and everything will twitch again.

A similar problem has been with the wizard since the release of the game - instead of 15 frames of hover animation, the developers used only 8 frames and the model twitches without completing half of the animation. I changed the wizard animation to take into account 8 frames, but it looks very poor. In the second option, I had to change the file "wizard.qc" again and increase the number of animation frames to 15.

#50 2021-12-08 20:10:22

Andrew

For the third time, I spent half the night in a Blender with animation of running zombie from 34 to 51 frames and stopped doing it. Any variant of reworking the animation and shifting horizontally both forward and backward does not remove the jerk and sometimes only aggravates it. This happens because 31 and 51 frames are the same and the offset between them is ai_run (8) in a cyclic animation!!! Eight!!! It looks like I'm moving a tin soldier on the table! And it should be standing in one place at this moment! As a result, I can just remove the frame from the "zombie.qc" in my build:
/* void() zombie_run 18 =[$run 18, zombie_run 1] {ai_run(8); */
Then everything looks just fine! But then a modified file "progs.dat" appears, which is bad. (((
I can't finish the last model for the second week because of this fucking shift! Stuck on it and that's it!

Last edited by Andrew (2021-12-08 20:11:05)

Board footer