#1 2021-11-10 13:41:01

Balgorg

Setting up the Eidolon and Ice Golem in Arcane Dimensions

Hi, I am new here, but have found these forums very helpful enabling me to find solutions to many problems I have encountered during a mod-mapping project I have been working on.

Specifically though there are many elements of AD that I haven't figured out yet. In particular does anyone know how to configure the Eidolon and Ice Golem in AD. I am using trenchbroom as the editor.

I think that it must be something to do with the wave triggers, but when the entities spawn (via a trigger
) they then do absolutely nothing, and can't be killed. There are a fair number of options available, but no explanation as to how to set these entities up.

I have tried various things, but can't work it out.
Hoping to get the mod finished by Xmas, and sorting out the above is critical if I want to include these particular bosses.

#2 2021-11-11 03:48:04

triple_agent

Re: Setting up the Eidolon and Ice Golem in Arcane Dimensions

Perhaps you could try ask the "Arcane Dimensions" crew on the related MODdb hub; they respond to some questions there.

#3 2021-11-11 06:25:47

Balgorg

Now there's a thought. Thankyou.

#4 2021-12-02 07:14:25

Alex Ros

Check out ad_magna.map. That's where Eidolon was actually used as the final boss. It should be here https://www.moddb.com/mods/arcane-dimen … ource-pack He is at the very bottom of the map, surrounded by clip or skip shields (I don't remember now)

As for Ice Golem hmm I don't remember myself where he was used. Is it that giant Golem at the end of mfx's kinda arabic-and-snow map? If so just check its source too and look how he was setted up

Last edited by Alex Ros (2021-12-02 07:17:26)

#5 2021-12-25 07:39:48

Balgorg

Thanks Alex Ros.

Having a problem loading up those Source Maps in Trenchbroom, they don't appear to be compatable with the new release ?

#6 2021-12-26 06:53:26

Alex Ros

Balgorg wrote:

Having a problem loading up those Source Maps in Trenchbroom, they don't appear to be compatable with the new release ?

It's AD map. You have to load AD files (fgd + mod itself) to see entities properly

Board footer