#1 2021-12-28 20:55:24

Andrew

Edited models v.1.7 (MD5+MDL+BSP) from Q2021 (for QSS and QEnhanced)

Fixed new MD5+MDL+BSP models from "Quake Enhanced", version 1.7 from 14.03.22
(the mod works stably on the "QSS 0.94.0" engine and higher)

Models updated to version 1.7

Changes:
      Version 1.7:
- the animation files of the "enforcer-gun walk" and "soldier" models in MD5 format have been replaced due to the detected error of an incorrectly working muzzle flash when fired (the "MD5 all+MDL heads" folder);
- added the source files of the above monsters in the Blender format (folder "Source Blender (some models)");
- the "demon" and "shalrath" head models have been replaced with models with multiskins (now they can also be used in other modifications) (folder "MD5 all+MDL heads");
- replaced the "shalrath" model for the "AD" modification. In the third purple skin, bright pixels have been removed ("MDL for AD\progs");
- added models of "demon" and "shalrath" heads with multiskins for modification of "AD" ("MDL for AD\progs");
- optionally added models of small and medium first aid kits from the "AD" modification with redesigned skins of flashing lights and the original size of textures and converted to BSP format. These models look better than the original ones from Q2021 (folder "Maps(BSP) for ID1\Maps (BSP) from AD with original textures").

Inside the archive there is also a description in Russian.

Download link (ver. 1.7):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16nRtRP … sp=sharing

Screenshots:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YDzXR4 … sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zc57KR … sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XDGbK5 … sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1equPRE … sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v75W3F … sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nkNT7N … sp=sharing

There are screenshots of the comparison in the folder, but the changes are completely visible only in the game. You can also slow down the time using the console command "host_timescale" with a value of 0.01-0.1 (value 0 or 1 is the normal speed of the game) and disable adding frames to the animation of models "r_lerpmodels 0" (value 1 - enable), then the frame-by-frame animation will be visible.

1. The animation and spatial position of the following new monster models have been redesigned (folders "MD5 all+MDL heads"; "MDL for ID1"): demon, dog, enforcer, fish, hknight, knight, ogre, player, shalrath, shambler, soldier, wizard, zombie (the tarbaby model has not changed - a very simple animation does not allow you to do something)
- In all models, the position in space has been redesigned - without falling through the floor textures;
- Animation of waiting, movement, falling, death, pain, attack has been redesigned in almost all humanoid models;
- In almost all humanoid models, the strange movement and position of the heads, limbs and joints have been redesigned, which contradicts the capabilities of the body (in the ogre model, the chain saw attack practically did not change, so his hand is slightly distorted);
- Almost all weapon models have been redesigned and converted to MDL format;
- After the conversion, all the distorted geometry of the weapon was restored (a nasty feature of the conversion)

2. Minor changes to new environment models (folders "MD5 all+MDL heads"; "MDL for ID1"):
suit - changed feet and rounded helmet

3. Changes to new weapon models (folders "MD5 all+MDL heads"; "MDL for ID1"; "MD5+MDL for DoE (Rogue)"; "MDL for SoA (Hipnotic)"):
- Almost all weapon models have been redesigned and converted to MDL format
(I failed to change the incorrect flash texture overlay from the trunk in the MD5 v_rock model, everything is fixed in the MDL model);
- Added all weapons from the "DoE" and "SoA" add-ons in MDL format;
- Optionally, there is a shotgun MDL model with reloading animation in the archive

4. Changed the animation of some monsters, which has been working incorrectly since the release of the original game. The extended description is located inside the folder (folder "Improved animation (progs.dat)")

5. Added improved particles from shots and explosions in the style of "AD" and "TribalFX" with my minor changes (folder "Improved particles (AD+TribalFX-based)")

6. Added some particularly hard-editable models in the original Blender format, which were modified by me (folder "Source Blender (some models)")

7. Several updated MDL monster models have been added for the "AD" mod (folder "MDL for AD")

Existing MD5 model errors that I still don't understand how to fix (I just don't use these MD5 models):
v_rock - incorrect overlay of the flash texture from the muzzle (I fixed everything in the MDL model);
missile - incorrect overlay of the flame texture of the rocket nozzle;
v_light - a strange disappearance of the model in the hands of the player at the first taking of a weapon or full ammunition, the weapon does not appear in the hands until you shoot it, after a while it may disappear again (there is still no response from the developers of "QSS")

Development costs:
- 4 months of model editing;
- redesigned more than 1400 frames of model animation (as a result, taking into account multiple revisions and adjustments, more than 50,000 frames were changed and the game was launched several thousand times for tests);
- I was almost cursed by my wife (;-p)

Thanks to the Quake game enthusiasts:
OSJ - for the new MDL models of heads, the "tarbaby" model with 3 skins for DoE;
Tribal - for the "TribalFX" mod, correction and improvement "*.qc" files and providing the source code of this mod
(https://www.youtube.com/c/Tribalquake);
Trickle - New MD5 weapon models for "DoE" (additionally modified by me in MDL and bugs fixed);
Authentic Model Improvements Team - for their BSP+MDL models
(https://github.com/NightFright2k19/quake_authmdl);
Chillo - for its MDL model;
Other modelers (I didn't find any names) - for MDL+MD5 multi-skins of models

If anyone is interested, here is a link to the topic in the forum with my mod "Play_Q":
https://www.quaddicted.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1018

P.S.: I apologize for my poor knowledge of English. :)

With best wishes,
Andrew (Ash1980)

Last edited by Andrew (2022-03-14 17:55:16)

#2 2021-12-30 21:16:49

Andrew

Re: Edited models v.1.7 (MD5+MDL+BSP) from Q2021 (for QSS and QEnhanced)

Models updated to version 1.2

(Moderators, please erase this unnecessary message. Or give the creator of the topic the opportunity to erase his messages.)

Last edited by Andrew (2022-01-06 20:06:21)

#3 2022-01-06 18:45:36

Andrew

Due to the large texture of the "oldone.mdl" model, the Quake Enhanced game crashes to the desktop. I reduced the texture size and released version 1.2 also optionally I addedl "enforcer-gun walk" model.

Link in the topic.

Last edited by Andrew (2022-01-07 15:25:16)

#4 2022-01-14 19:01:57

Andrew

Models updated to version 1.3

Download link and description at the beginning of the topic

#5 2022-01-19 11:12:51

qazzaq

Nice work, man. Thank You for models for MP1 and 2.
Especially thanks for a v_prox.mdl (defullbrighted version) for hipnotic.
But we still missing g_prox.mdl of the same version!?

#6 2022-01-20 15:50:00

Andrew

Models updated to version 1.4

Last edited by Andrew (2022-01-21 16:38:11)

#7 2022-01-20 16:21:05

Andrew

qazzaq wrote:

Nice work, man. Thank You for models for MP1 and 2.
Especially thanks for a v_prox.mdl (defullbrighted version) for hipnotic.
But we still missing g_prox.mdl of the same version!?

Added specifically at your request:
- added a rotating weapon model "g_prox" "SoA (Hipnotic)" with removed fullbright pixels.

Unfortunately, I don't use models from Quake Enhanced in the game, they look worse than from the "Authentic Model Improvements". So I tweaked the brightness of their model.

Last edited by Andrew (2022-01-20 16:21:50)

#8 2022-01-20 17:11:42

qazzaq

Nice one! Thank You!

#9 2022-01-21 16:42:31

Andrew

Models updated to version 1.4.1

Update 1.4.1 was released due to the fact that I remade the model of the demon's head from Q2021, corrected the textures of the model's blood, broke the demon's horn and knocked out a tooth. The source files in the Blender are attached. A model of a demon's head with all teeth is also attached.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v75W3F … sp=sharing

#10 2022-01-28 15:09:24

Andrew

A brief description for those who did not understand what and where to copy.

1. The "MD5 all+MDL heads" folder contains standard models from "Q2021" for the "QSS" engine and an optional "enforcer" model in MD5 format. Just copy everything you need to the "ID1/progs" folder;
2. The "MDL for ID1" folder contains standard models from "Q2021" for the "QSS" engine and an optional "enforcer" model in MDL format, they can be copied over item 1. The models do not overlap in names. There are also modified "enforcer" and "shotgun" models in this folder.
3. The folder "Maps(BSP) for ID1" contains standard models from "Q2021" of more highly polygonal models of ammo, medkits and boxes, which for some reason the developers did not use. Copy the option you like to the "ID1/maps" folder. Screenshots are attached in the topic.

Other folders contain models for add-ons, improved particles from shots and explosions, and modified monster animations.

#11 2022-01-30 20:22:46

BFIIKilla

Nice work and thanks for sharing these. I can only imagine how long it took to do this.

I really like your changes to the Enforcer's animation, but it appears to have the muzzleflash issue where the muzzleflash can be seen moving through the model toward the gun when it fires. I have seen Nightfright discuss a similar issue on the Osjc's Enhanced Quake1 Model Conversions Pack thread with the converted Enforcer. It looks like maybe Nightfright was able to resolve it, since I don't see the same issue with the one in his Authentic Model Improvement mod. Not sure how they fixed it, but maybe taking a look at there model might help.

#12 2022-01-31 04:43:21

Andrew

BFIIKilla wrote:

Nice work and thanks for sharing these. I can only imagine how long it took to do this.

I really like your changes to the Enforcer's animation, but it appears to have the muzzleflash issue where the muzzleflash can be seen moving through the model toward the gun when it fires. I have seen Nightfright discuss a similar issue on the Osjc's Enhanced Quake1 Model Conversions Pack thread with the converted Enforcer. It looks like maybe Nightfright was able to resolve it, since I don't see the same issue with the one in his Authentic Model Improvement mod. Not sure how they fixed it, but maybe taking a look at there model might help.

I'll take care of it when I have time. I will explain the reason for all the muzzle flashes passing through the models of monsters and weapons. In the soldier and enforcer models muzzle flashes are located inside the torso and in the weapon they are behind the model and when performing their animation frames they move to the initial position of the indirect shortest trajectory and a triangle is obtained, that is visible when using the "lerpmodel" frame addition variable. I partially transferred this muzzle flash to the monster's weapon, but it will have to be done for all frames. I just don't want to mess with hundreds of frames yet. With models of weapons things are worse. Muzzle flashes don't fit inside the barrel. If in the MDL model the scale of flashes can be reduced then in MD5 I have not yet succeeded. In the MD5 model of the grenade launcher the muzzle flash is generally mirrored upside down. Apparently, the location of all the vertices of the models and their scale are rigidly prescribed in the *.lmp file. Everything changes in the Blender but when the model is converted to MD5 format it is again bound to the *.lmp file. And all changes in geometry and scale tend to zero. Only the animation changes remarkably, because it has its own separate *.amin file and is converted by a Blender.

#13 2022-01-31 17:19:41

BFIIKilla

Andrew wrote:
BFIIKilla wrote:

I'll take care of it when I have time. I will explain the reason for all the muzzle flashes passing through the models of monsters and weapons. In the soldier and enforcer models muzzle flashes are located inside the torso and in the weapon they are behind the model and when performing their animation frames they move to the initial position of the indirect shortest trajectory and a triangle is obtained, that is visible when using the "lerpmodel" frame addition variable. I partially transferred this muzzle flash to the monster's weapon, but it will have to be done for all frames. I just don't want to mess with hundreds of frames yet. With models of weapons things are worse. Muzzle flashes don't fit inside the barrel. If in the MDL model the scale of flashes can be reduced then in MD5 I have not yet succeeded. In the MD5 model of the grenade launcher the muzzle flash is generally mirrored upside down. Apparently, the location of all the vertices of the models and their scale are rigidly prescribed in the *.lmp file. Everything changes in the Blender but when the model is converted to MD5 format it is again bound to the *.lmp file. And all changes in geometry and scale tend to zero. Only the animation changes remarkably, because it has its own separate *.amin file and is converted by a Blender.

No worries, if it something you cannot get to. Yeah it is less noticeable in version 1.4.1 compared to 1.3, where its only visible in the middle of the model for a moment as the muzzleflash returned to the body after firing. Either way, thanks again for all the hard work.

#14 2022-02-07 09:28:06

Andrew

Models updated to version 1.5

Funny GIF animation. )))

#15 2022-02-10 19:00:29

Andrew

GIF animation with modified animation of the death of the hellknight:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GzqfbW … sp=sharing

I changed the animation of the death of the hellknight because I really didn't like his terribly deformed hands when the sword was in the upper position and I lowered it down. I also lowered his other hand and turned both in the axial direction. Now everything looks almost undistorted. I also once again corrected the entire animation of walking and running so that the legs of the hellknight did not spread out in width.

I didn't like the animation of the knight's attack and I changed it to a smoother one than it was in the previous version of the model (at least it seems so to me). Also, the animation of the death of a demon with an incorrect frame of the location of the head was slightly changed.

If you want, I can update the version and update the download link.

#16 2022-02-16 08:51:45

qazzaq

Once I tried to apply my mad skills in modelling but it was fail obviously.
I want to adapt this great model of Syberdemon to quake:
http://www.zerogravity.com.au/portfolio0606.php
http://www.zerogravity.com.au/portfolio … cd2000.zip
I try to join separated weapon to body in QME but resulting model has corrupted skin. Would You try to adapt this evil guy?
Syberdemon is appearing on next mode:
https://www.quaddicted.com/reviews/arwop.html
https://www.quaddicted.com/reviews/event.html

#17 2022-02-17 16:26:54

Andrew

qazzaq wrote:

Once I tried to apply my mad skills in modelling but it was fail obviously.
I want to adapt this great model of Syberdemon to quake...

Hi, friend!

I combined your cyberdemon model with his weapon and converted it to MDL format. Unfortunately, the model does not have a flash from the barrel when the demon is fired, but this is not so important. I combined all three skins in one model. Also in the archive there is a model with three skins and disabled bright pixels.

Since the model has a much larger number of frames, you will have to modify your "progs.dat" file. But this model looks much nicer and has excellent animation with a lot of movements.

There are also two programs in the archive with which you can easily combine similar split models or flashes to weapons (but with the same number of frames) and instructions on how to do it. Good luck in your work.

Screenshot of the combined model of the cyberdemon and his gun (with luma+no luma):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zjEW6r … sp=sharing

Link to download the combined cyberdemon model and the program with instructions:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aazYXd … sp=sharing

Last edited by Andrew (2022-02-17 16:27:52)

#18 2022-02-18 22:02:37

BFIIKilla

Andrew wrote:

Models updated to version 1.5

Funny GIF animation. )))

The muzzleflash fixes look great, nice work and thanks again Andrew!

#19 2022-02-23 18:18:02

Andrew

Models updated to version 1.6

Due to the fact that many wonderful maps have been made for the modification "Arcane Dimensions", I finally reworked and adapted the models of exploding boxes based on the models from Q2021. Due to the more complex geometry of the models, I had to enlarge and smooth all the skins to a size of 128x128 pixels. For those users who do not use texture smoothing, there are models in the folder with a skin size of 480x480 pixels without smoothing. Also in the folder there are high-quality textures with a size of 512x512 pixels for the first two skins (for base maps), these textures can be applied to all models of exploding boxes, regardless of the size of their skins

Read all changes in the description of the topic.

#20 2022-03-01 06:35:59

Digit

Great work. This is perfect for my needs. I have a question though, I'm wondering how you made the BSP pickup files, as they seem to react to the light in their environment which, to my knowledge, BSPs should not be able to do. Are they MDLs? How did you do this?

#21 2022-03-01 16:07:53

Andrew

Digit wrote:

Great work. This is perfect for my needs. I have a question though, I'm wondering how you made the BSP pickup files, as they seem to react to the light in their environment which, to my knowledge, BSPs should not be able to do. Are they MDLs? How did you do this?

It's very simple. The standard Quake engine has the ability to replace BSP models with MDL models. You just need to rename them to MDL and make the anchor point not in the middle of the model, but in the corner of the model. Then these models are illuminated like all other objects on the level. And if these models do not have multiple frames (not skins but frames), then they can use improved textures and luma lighting. By the way, you can safely remove multicamps from models 25 and 100 medkits and they will also be able to use improved textures.

In the "Arcane Dimensions" modification, everything is even simpler, there the models are always used in MDL format and do not have multi-frames, but only multiskins, to which improved textures with luma lighting can be applied. The "Copper" modification uses MDL models, but with multframes (do not forget about the displacement of the model relative to the center), but this modification cannot use the MDL model of exploding boxes, only BSP models, not conversion from BSP to MDL, but only BSP model (the KEX engine Q2021 can't do this either). But improved textures with luma lighting are connected to this model quite simply. Therefore, for the "Copper" modification, it is best to use BSP models of exploding boxes from "Authentic Model Improvements" and connect improved textures with luma lighting to them.

#22 2022-03-09 10:25:46

CoolerQuakeR2077

Hey dude how to install this mod??
I really need this!

#23 2022-03-09 14:58:13

Andrew

CoolerQuakeR2077 wrote:

Hey dude how to install this mod??
I really need this!

Read this:
https://www.quaddicted.com/forum/viewto … 6683#p6683

#24 2022-03-14 17:54:18

Andrew

Unscheduled update of the version due to the detection of an error in the "enforcer-gun walk" (it's just that I use this model as the main one everywhere) and "soldier" models. This error is especially visible in the Kex Engine.

Models updated to version 1.7

Download link and description at the beginning of the topic.

Last edited by Andrew (2022-03-14 17:59:02)

#25 2022-03-26 15:09:45

Riccardoman

Thank you for your effort, I'm already using almost every model you converted. I hope you'll have the time and patience to add some more AD monsters like the zombies

Board footer