#51 2021-02-01 09:51:57

fairweather

Re: Dwell - Episode 1 Released!

Gioyo3aa wrote:

fairweather: I suppose tons of people have already asked you this, but do you have any idea when the next episode will be released? Also, how many of them are you planning?

Most importantly: thanks a lot to you and the whole team for this episode, of course!

We're measuring around mid this year at the latest currently. Most likely sooner than that, but there's been a lot of life happening recently! Thanks for the compliments :)

#52 2021-02-01 14:29:51

Gioyo3aa

That's great news to look forward to, thanks!

#53 2021-02-11 11:36:40

OleBumma

me too is patiently awaiting for Ep 2 to drop :p

#54 2021-07-08 09:38:19

Alex Ros

THANK YOU it was great. Flawless. Some environments were simply jaw dropping. Length of maps, pacing - everything was engaging at least for me personally. What I did like the most is that I can not choose an individual best map - they all go perfectly together as a coherent full thru&thru experience. THANKS you made my couple-evenings

#55 2022-01-08 12:48:21

Ian

Hej. Great mod!
I get an error stopping my progress in D1M4 after I press a certain button. If I changelevel forward everything else is fine.
I run Quakespasm 0.93.2 on MacOS.
The error is:
Host_error: SOLID_BSP with a non bsp model (misc_explobox at -912.000000 1864.000000 -160.000000)

Its button just after you run past the pillar with the golden key on top. I have a screenshot of it is it helps.
I there anything I can do to fix it?

Best regards
Ian

#56 2022-01-20 21:55:52

BFIIKilla

Ian wrote:

Hej. Great mod!
I get an error stopping my progress in D1M4 after I press a certain button. If I changelevel forward everything else is fine.
The error is:
Host_error: SOLID_BSP with a non bsp model (misc_explobox at -912.000000 1864.000000 -160.000000)

Its button just after you run past the pillar with the golden key on top. I have a screenshot of it is it helps.

Best regards
Ian

Are you using any other mods? Such as mod that replaces the Explosive Box models? For example I had the same error message using "Authentic Model Improvements" version r22. Upgrading to later release r26 or 27 of the mod resolved the error message for me. The issue was related to the b_explob.bsp model replacement contained in the mod, the newer versions use an updated model.

#57 2022-02-17 12:13:27

Ian

BFIIKilla wrote:

Are you using any other mods? Such as mod that replaces the Explosive Box models? For example I had the same error message using "Authentic Model Improvements" version r22. Upgrading to later release r26 or 27 of the mod resolved the error message for me. The issue was related to the b_explob.bsp model replacement contained in the mod, the newer versions use an updated model.

Not that I know of, I mean at the same time. I just downloaded Dwell, unpacked it and put the directory in the QUAKE/ dir and launched the game with -game dwell using quakespasm.
Could quakespasm be the issue?

I have never tampered with the internal workings of my game-installation, just added add-ons like described above.

#58 2022-02-17 16:37:42

Andrew

Ian wrote:

Hej. Great mod!
The error is:

Best regards
Ian

Try these models of explosive boxes. They work in the "Copper" modification (at least for me):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lxFRx7 … sp=sharing

Last edited by Andrew (2022-02-17 16:38:56)

#59 2023-02-23 13:32:35

Xtyfe

I loved Episode 2 and the additions to Episode 1. My only real criticism would be D2M8

It was nauseating to play. it was just too big and time-consuming to get through. The traps and a platforming bit I could especially do without.

#60 2023-02-23 15:39:43

qazzaq

"Practice, practice, practice...", my boy.

#61 2023-02-23 18:14:08

h4724

Big maps are something that you really do just get used to with time.

#62 2023-02-23 18:57:24

Xtyfe

I appreciate what you guys are saying and I suppose you are right.

If all it was, was just a big map then I'd likely not complain. It just felt inconsistent with the rest of the levels. Almost like it was doing what it did just for the sake of it.

#63 2023-02-24 10:51:11

Gioyo3aa

Mixed feelings about Mazu's map as well, although not for the size (I'm a big fan of big maps with tons of monsters and secrets).

For all his sadistic inclinations, I've always found his maps brilliant, however demanding and frustrating they can be on first run(s). In this case, my repeated failures in the section right after opening the Gold Key Door made me switch from Hard to Easy. But I ended up giving up on this map because of the puzzles and jumping sections. I don't mind them when they're optional (when hunting for secrets or power-ups for instance), but if they're mandatory I just switch to a different map. It's just not for me.

By the way: It's been a while since I played episode 1, but I'm under the impression that episode 2 is much harder. (I haven't tried the updated version yet). I simultaneously dread and look forward to the remaining episodes ...

In any case, thanks to the whole team for this wonderful pack. You truly raised the bar again.

Board footer