#26 2022-03-22 14:46:28

triple_agent

Re: The_Underearth's live playthroughs

Andrew wrote:

Now everything has changed and is falling apart before our eyes. :-(

You have been listening to a lot of 'Doom Metal' lately, I guess?

Last edited by triple_agent (2022-03-22 14:46:52)

#27 2022-03-22 16:03:31

Lysander

Andrew wrote:

It's a pity that it can't be viewed on YouTube. Now everything has changed and is falling apart before our eyes. :-(

Well, I do tend to upload them onto YouTube a couple of days later, for instance Sunday's mapjam is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJQB2oWhb-k

You can't interact obviously because it's technically an archived stream, but it's better than nothing!

Last edited by Lysander (2022-03-22 16:06:18)

#28 2022-03-22 17:37:03

Andrew

triple_agent wrote:

No friend, I don't listen to "doom metal" at all, I don't even know who performs it. Sometimes I listen to industrial rock. It's just that a lot of different sites are blocked now, but I hope it's not forever.

#29 2022-03-22 17:40:54

Andrew

Lysander wrote:

...but it's better than nothing!

Thanks for the link, it's okay that it's just a video. I will just watch the reaction of the audience and watch the passage of the level. )))

#30 2022-03-23 11:38:05

Lysander

Apologies, but due to transport issues and getting home late I couldn't download and test the maps before the stream yesterday so we did some from AD.

- The Horde of Zendar
- Arcane Monstrosity
- The Mire

Zendar was clearly the best of the lot, especially the 'silver key' section was insane.

Tomb of Fenrir will be next week :)

OP updated with scores.

#31 2022-03-23 11:42:18

Lysander

Andrew wrote:
triple_agent wrote:

No friend, I don't listen to "doom metal" at all, I don't even know who performs it. Sometimes I listen to industrial rock. It's just that a lot of different sites are blocked now, but I hope it's not forever.

I do, I love doom metal. Especially bands like shedfromthebody, Draconian, Darkher and Funeral.

#32 2022-03-23 13:47:36

triple_agent

@'Lysander', lately I was listening to 'Under a Godless Veil' album by 'Draconian' and it was mindblowing.

#33 2022-03-23 13:53:17

Lysander

triple_agent wrote:

@'Lysander', lately I was listening to 'Under a Godless Veil' album by 'Draconian' and it was mindblowing.

Yes it is, a fantastic piece of work! Also check out "To Hold The Ripened Sun" by shedfromthebody or "In Fields of Pestilent Grief" by Funeral. Both great doom metal albums with female vox, you may like them too.

#34 2022-03-24 03:04:49

triple_agent

Good old 'Paradise Lost' is not bad either, even though they shifted their style throughout the years between the albums a bit. Lately they make a return to the old vibe, from what it seems. I am not their biggest follower but back in the day some of the folks I used to hang out with, liked them, so I kind of got it osmotically.

#35 2022-03-24 09:18:47

Lysander

triple_agent wrote:

Good old 'Paradise Lost' is not bad either, even though they shifted their style throughout the years between the albums a bit. Lately they make a return to the old vibe, from what it seems. I am not their biggest follower but back in the day some of the folks I used to hang out with, liked them, so I kind of got it osmotically.

Yes, the last three albums were really good! Esp The Plague Within. So fantastic that they returned to their old sound, and not only did it, but did it well. Nice to see someone on here with a similar music taste, and it goes very well with the Quake vibe.

#36 2022-03-26 04:43:51

triple_agent

I am currently discovering an artist: 'Chelsea Wolfe', heave you heard of her music? I find it amazing. There is something visceral about the way she does make music or about the way her performances are shown; unlike when sometimes the music feels "produced" and given, as if summoned in a perfect form - but in her case, it is organic, quite like the nature itself: not just manifested, but constantly becoming. I believe it is hard to maintain that feel of uniqueness once one goes mainstream or so.

Anyhow, I did find 'Chelsea Wolfe' through taking a look at the sideproject of 'Draconian' female vocalist; a sideproject called 'Lorelei' ['LOR3L3I'] - a thing worthwhile to give a listen to as well, despite the title.

Last edited by triple_agent (2022-03-26 04:49:26)

#37 2022-03-27 13:50:32

Lysander

Another Quake mapjam tonight - three maps medium-ish size maps:

Tomb of Fenrir - Giftmacher
Waldsterben - Paul Lawitzki
Somewhere - Tonhao

Starting around 7pm UK time, I hope to see some of you there :)

triple_agent wrote:

I am currently discovering an artist: 'Chelsea Wolfe', heave you heard of her music? I find it amazing. There is something visceral about the way she does make music or about the way her performances are shown; unlike when sometimes the music feels "produced" and given, as if summoned in a perfect form - but in her case, it is organic, quite like the nature itself: not just manifested, but constantly becoming. I believe it is hard to maintain that feel of uniqueness once one goes mainstream or so.

Anyhow, I did find 'Chelsea Wolfe' through taking a look at the sideproject of 'Draconian' female vocalist; a sideproject called 'Lorelei' ['LOR3L3I'] - a thing worthwhile to give a listen to as well, despite the title.

I have definitely heard of Chelsea but haven't heard her stuff much. What would you recommend starting with?

Also LOR3L3I I haven't heard of, will definitely check that out too. You'd also like Light Field Reverie, which features her vocals.

#38 2022-03-28 01:27:14

triple_agent

Lysander wrote:

I have definitely heard of Chelsea but haven't heard her stuff much. What would you recommend starting with?

Good question; I do not know an answer to it.

Lysander wrote:

You'd also like Light Field Reverie

Will give that one a listen to as well; thanks for the tip!

#39 2022-04-05 15:44:31

Lysander

Two classics tonight by the ever-awesome sock:

Forgotten Sepulcher and The Ivory Tower

I will try to get through as many secrets in the former as possible. Help appreciated though, since I haven't done that well at it before!

I'll be on at around 7pm UK time, hope to see you then :)

#40 2022-04-12 12:10:25

Lysander

A couple of medium-sized maps tonight.

First I'll be streaming The Dreamer's Demesne by Mittens for Kittens

and then the older

The Elder Reality by PuLSaR

There have been some great maps in the last few days streamed, such as Ancient Trenches of Vellamo [Zigi], Forgotten Sepulchre [sock] and The Ivory Tower [sock].

More stuff to come, I'll be on at 7pm UK time tonight so I hope to see some of you there then <3

#41 2022-04-13 10:37:17

Lysander

Apologies but I had to postpone the above stream because of work-related issues... so Mitten's and PuLSaR's maps will be tonight, starting around 6-7pm UK time :)

EDIT: I am also adding Well of Lost Souls by Miss Bubbles to the stream.

Last edited by Lysander (2022-04-13 13:36:21)

#42 2022-04-24 17:23:41

Lysander

Last minute decision for a stream tonight - it will be Ceremonial Circles by czg and maybe one other [possibly Solarfall by Vondur or Dead Memories by Scampie]. 8pm UK time :)

#43 2022-05-01 14:18:04

Lysander

Tonight it's the classic Backsteingotik from sock and then Slip Tripping from Markie :)

Backsteingotik is an absolute classic and I loved it during my first playthrough so I'm excited to do it again. Also I've heard some good things about Markie's new map!

Tonight we're going extra dark because we have permission to play more darkpop/sythnpop/goth on stream which will fit well with the theme of Quake. All tracks have been chosen individually so they will all definitely fit in!

Starting at 7pm UK time, hope to see you there <3

Last edited by Lysander (2022-05-01 14:19:29)

#44 2022-05-16 23:58:42

Mugwump

Lysander wrote:
Andrew wrote:

It's a pity that it can't be viewed on YouTube. Now everything has changed and is falling apart before our eyes. :-(

Well, I do tend to upload them onto YouTube a couple of days later, for instance Sunday's mapjam is here:

You can't interact obviously because it's technically an archived stream, but it's better than nothing!

You should multistream across several platforms. There's a program to do that easily (I forgot its name, sorry). Twitch is an unwatchable slideshow on my potato phone but YouTube is much less resource-intensive and I can watch up to 720p without problems. The only downside is that the audience on each platform can only chat among themselves, not with the other platforms' audiences, but it's better than nothing.

#45 2022-06-09 21:47:37

Lysander

Mugwump wrote:
Lysander wrote:
Andrew wrote:

You should multistream across several platforms. There's a program to do that easily (I forgot its name, sorry). Twitch is an unwatchable slideshow on my potato phone but YouTube is much less resource-intensive and I can watch up to 720p without problems. The only downside is that the audience on each platform can only chat among themselves, not with the other platforms' audiences, but it's better than nothing.

I would absolutely love to know what the program was, I'll look it up, thanks! Apparently it's hard to stream through Youtube but I may give it a go just to see how it turns out. It's very interesting to know that there are people who would be up for watching that.

Last night I had a go at Mana Vemputin by Smilescythe which was TOUGH - especially the part with the fans on the floor had me going for about an hour. I have not finished the map by any stretch but will be continuing it on Sunday.

Here's the part where I finally completed the fan section after an hour or so of attempts:

https://clips.twitch.tv/ScaryPhilanthro … UUtFuYYGGq

I have to say, Smilescythe did well on this, but is it just me who finds this map seriously tough? Anyway, I'll be attempting more of it on Sunday evening :)

#46 2022-06-23 10:25:48

Lysander

It feels like it's been a while since a live playthrough has been done, so tonight I'm going to try out Epochs of Enmity. I don't know much about the mod but it's got lots of different maps to it, and I would love some suggestions about which to try out. It looks really promising though.

Starting tonight at around 8pm UK time, would be great to you there :)

Also this is a good way to celebrate Quake's 26th Birthday!

Last edited by Lysander (2022-06-23 10:27:02)

#47 2022-06-29 11:11:41

Lysander

Tonight I'm going to be continuing with Epochs of Enmity...

BUT

Before that, a couple of smaller, new maps. Firstly The Beastial Castle by sodalimonada176 and then Embrasure by Thuby. I'm looking forward to these since they are smaller maps by newer mappers, and I'm intrigued to see how things will go before going onto the [potentially] harder Epochs of Enmity. It starts around 8pm UK time <3

Board footer