#1 2022-09-29 01:32:45

BlindChaos

Running Quoth, Copper and Progs_Dump?

This might seem like a weird request, I'm a little bit of a weirdo, but I would like to be able to run Quoth with Copper and Progs_Dump. Is there a mod that combines all three? If not, this may just be a pipe dream, but maybe someone can make a mod that combines all three. If there isn't an interest in combining the three mods into one package, is there a way to run all three mods at the same time without any conflicts. Please help, I appreciate it.

#2 2022-09-29 05:59:44

Gila

Re: Running Quoth, Copper and Progs_Dump?

In Quake, you can not combine mods like you can do for example in GZDoom (in many cases), because every Quake mod has its own compiled QuakeC game code (progs.dat file). The only way to combine mods is to get their respecive QuakeC sources and merge them together yourself (nobody is ever going to do it), which is probably not impossible but not worth the effort - every mod team/author make decisions on how they code something, and even the similar functionality might be coded differently in these mods, not to mention that every mod has its own unique features.

Board footer