#1 2022-10-31 15:16:54

dumptruck_ds

Lightmapped Liquids video

I made a short "explainer" on lit liquids. Also features some history of the subject. Enjoy! https://youtu.be/AmPB6wWOXbQ

#2 2023-01-24 04:01:19

Andrew

Re: Lightmapped Liquids video

Hello!

I know that you are a very good coder and make wonderful modifications for the game. That's why I'm asking for your help. Is there any way to decompile the "progs.dat" file into the source files "*.qc"? Because a regular encoder, for example "win64-fteqccgui", cannot fully extract files without losing some of the necessary information in many lines. As a result, all the files are there, but they don't work.

#3 2023-01-24 16:08:34

dumptruck_ds

hahah -- I am not a very good coder but I do know the answer to your question. No. There might be tools I am unware of but decompiling a progs.dat will always be missing data as far as I know.

What are you trying to decompile? And what specific function? There may be another mod that has something more complete I could recommend.

#4 2023-01-25 15:58:44

Andrew

dumptruck_ds wrote:

hahah -- I am not a very good coder but I do know the answer to your question. No. There might be tools I am unware of but decompiling a progs.dat will always be missing data as far as I know.

What are you trying to decompile? And what specific function? There may be another mod that has something more complete I could recommend.

Tribal abandoned his mod and disappeared somewhere himself, he has silence on his YouTube channel. As a result, he never dumped the source files of his mod version "tribalfx-01Ufix2" in which he made new particles and added water splashes. He always attached these files to his mod, and last time he referred that he had not finished it to the end, so he did not add it. And then silence...

I slightly modified his mod of the previous version "T", I would like to dig into this one.

Board footer