#1 2023-02-09 16:30:43

Escalate_krsk

Release time of maps for Quaddicted

Just wondering why Dwell - episode 2 is still not on Quaddicted. Plus... Does someone know... when a new map pack for Quaddcited is submitted/uploaded, how long it takes for it to be posted in https://www.quaddicted.com/reviews/...?

#2 2023-02-09 21:10:35

radiatoryang

Re: Release time of maps for Quaddicted

There's a lot of reasons, but one big reason is that I'm just one unpaid volunteer who's manually doing the page writing, researching, verification, linking, etc. for every entry. It'll get uploaded soon, probably within a week, I just need to get through the backlog of submissions. Thanks for your patience.

#3 2023-02-10 13:43:01

dumptruck_ds

radiatoryang wrote:

There's a lot of reasons, but one big reason is that I'm just one unpaid volunteer who's manually doing the page writing, researching, verification, linking, etc. for every entry. It'll get uploaded soon, probably within a week, I just need to get through the backlog of submissions. Thanks for your patience.

If you need help on some of the writing, research and verification I am volunteering. I've been checking func, Quaddicted and Discord on pretty much a daily basis since around 2015. I'd be happy to help out.

I'm not impatient about releases being posted but it seems silly to have this all on one person's shoulders.

Last edited by dumptruck_ds (2023-02-10 13:43:23)

#4 2023-02-10 23:21:06

Alex Ros

Escalate_krsk wrote:

Just wondering why Dwell - episode 2 is still not on Quaddicted. Plus... Does someone know... when a new map pack for Quaddcited is submitted/uploaded, how long it takes for it to be posted in https://www.quaddicted.com/reviews/...?

Because there are patches goin' on. And on QD you can't just update a release - you will have to make literally a new release. So guys are tossing it on Slipseer until everyone sure everything is patched. afaik 2nd patch is in the works already

Tons of mappers (including me) are slowly doin' the same. It's not very comfortable to have tons of version, individual releases of the same map or episode. So it's useful to have it uploaded on Slipseer only for some time - in order to check if there're any major issues

Last edited by Alex Ros (2023-02-10 23:25:40)

#5 2023-02-11 10:22:50

radiatoryang

dumptruck_ds wrote:

If you need help on some of the writing, research and verification I am volunteering.

Sounds good, just email Spirit and talk about it.

(and if you want to take over completely, just say so and I'll happily retire haha... I've been doing this for about a year now!)

#6 2023-02-11 23:58:36

Escalate_krsk

radiatoryang wrote:

Sorry if I sounded rude... I had no idea how this site operates. I believed that authors themselves upload the mods. I'm glad that there's just never enough Quake for dumptruck_ds))

Board footer