#1 2023-05-04 13:05:31

etb

Can I play the new Dimension of the Machine with Quakespasm Spiked?

The subject says it all, I finally downloaded Quake enhanced from the gog release and I was wondering if mg1 works properly with Quakespasm Spiked.

I gave a quick look and it seems so, but I see unusual messages and I thought it is a good idea to ask.

#2 2023-05-04 14:18:32

Anon

Re: Can I play the new Dimension of the Machine with Quakespasm Spiked?

You've probably forgot to copy QuakeEX.kpf from Enhanced to folder where QSS engine is.

#3 2023-05-04 16:30:39

chad2

Hey Anon, why you need that KPF?

#4 2023-05-04 18:36:26

Anon

Do an experiment. Run QSS without QuakeEX.kpf file, start a new game of classic levels and go forward to a teleporter with medium skill selection. You should see "$MAP_SKILL_NORMAL". With QuakeEX.kpf you'll see "THIS HALL SELECTS NORMAL SKILL". This is a 13MB file, I know that there are translations, but I'm not an expert and cannot say if there's anything more than that.

#5 2023-05-05 03:15:11

etb

Dead on, thank you Anon.

#6 2023-05-05 13:23:14

Mopey bloke

The Kpf contains the language packs for the game in all languages.

#7 2023-05-05 13:45:00

chad2

Thanks, Anon & Mopey bloke (❁´◡`❁)

#8 2023-05-08 20:14:24

Andrew

Hi!

Here is a working version of "DotM" for the "QSS" engine. There are no improved models from "KexQ2021" here, only improved particles.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10YYtDO … sp=sharing

If you need them, then here is a link to my build. Download it, open the "cancer 1.pak" archive and copy the "maps" and "progs" folders to the "DotM-QSS" folder. Use the ones you like. In the archive "cancer 2.pak" there are more brutal models of a soldier and an enforcer.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jDdUbq … sp=sharing

Link to the whole topic:
https://www.quaddicted.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1217

#9 2023-05-23 16:00:00

chad2

Hey Andrew/Ash1980, thanks for sharing, do you plan to do improved lighting to DotM and other mission packs like you did for original campaign?

#10 2023-05-26 13:59:23

Andrew

chad2 wrote:

Hey Andrew/Ash1980, thanks for sharing, do you plan to do improved lighting to DotM and other mission packs like you did for original campaign?

Why change something? In the episode "DotM", all the maps have wonderful lighting and fog where needed.

#11 2023-05-30 19:50:45

chad2

Well I haven't played DotM, I'm currently doing "hypnotic" and "rogue" mission packs. Both of them would benefit from the treatment you did to "id1" maps in your Play_Q modification! I use QRP textures and TribalFX but I miss modern skyboxes and lighting.

Board footer