#1 2023-05-26 23:43:41

motorboy

QuaddictedTool v1.1

QuaddictedTool v1.1

A utility for viewing and downloading maps from quaddicted.com.

You can add color labels, comments, alternative descriptions (can be used to describe the map in another language, for example) to each map.
The ability to sort the database by name, title, size, author, date, rating.
Ability to search by name, title, author, tag. Possibility of searching in the comments.

When uploading an archive, a screenshot and a text file with a description are added next to it.
Ability to quickly install downloaded maps in QMLauncher (v1.4.5+).
https://www.quaddicted.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1352
Click copy link, in QMLauncher click add mod, install from archive.
When installing such an archive using QMLauncher, the description and cover are added automatically.

Some antiviruses find a Trojan in this program. Perhaps because the program uses Internet access.
Antivirus programs often detect programs written in Purebasic as malware.
There is no malicious code in this program. Use this utility or not decide for yourself.

I am sorry for my English. This is google translate.

v1.1
> Added preview of the screenshot in a larger size by double clicking.
> If QuaddictedTool is launched from QMLauncher(v1.5.0+) - installed archives are marked in the left column. Archives installed in QMLauncher v1.3+ will be displayed.
   When you hover the mouse over the button (copy archive link) - the tooltip will contain information about the folder in which the archive is installed and the name of the mod in QMLauncherv1.5.0+.
> Added a logo that will be displayed at startup and if the map does not have a screenshot.
> Fixes and optimizations

VirusTotal (5/70) v1.1
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/79b … ?nocache=1

Download link v1.1
https://bit.ly/3PvpvJY

Screenshot v1.0
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rqB3nR … sp=sharing

Screenshot v1.1
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1q7a2EJ … sp=sharing

Last edited by motorboy (2023-06-24 21:32:35)

#2 2023-05-28 10:38:21

Spirit
Administrator

Re: QuaddictedTool v1.1

Very cool! It would be great if you would release it as open source tool, especially considering the potential issues with malware scanners.

Are you using the XML from the Quake Injector? It will probably switch to a different format and JSON some times year.

#3 2023-05-28 13:34:26

motorboy

The code for this utility has nothing to do with Quake Injector.
Everything is based on the parsing of the site pages.
The utility will work until the HTML code of the pages changes.
I can post the source code on Purebasic. Although it is unlikely that anyone will understand it except me.)))
I'm just learning programming. And this utility was written rather for training.

Last edited by motorboy (2023-05-28 13:45:49)

#4 2023-06-11 21:45:03

motorboy

Can you please tell me how to get a direct link to download the Quake Injector XML database?

Last edited by motorboy (2023-06-11 21:46:27)

#5 2023-06-12 16:25:04

motorboy

v1.0
The Quake Injector base is now used.
Fixed crashes.
Added search in comments.
Added alternative descriptions.
The ability to quickly install the archive in QMLauncher 1.4.5+.

! The format for storing lables and comments has changed. Labels and comments from the test version will not be displayed !

Fixes and optimization.

Updated description
Updated download link
Updated screenshot

Last edited by motorboy (2023-06-12 19:27:51)

#6 2023-06-12 21:14:42

motorboy

Re-uploaded the file due to the discovery of a critical error Who has already downloaded please redownload. Sorry.

Last edited by motorboy (2023-06-12 21:16:57)

#7 2023-06-13 15:08:31

Spirit
Administrator

Cool stuff! Sorry for not replying with the URL earlier.

#8 2023-06-13 21:33:33

motorboy

Thanks for appreciating my work.
I want to ask if it is worth continuing to develop QuaddictedTool and QMLauncher?
In the future, I wanted to combine these two utilities into one, but judging by the number of downloads, these utilities are not of interest to users.
And another question. When is it planned to transfer the Quake Injector database from XML to another format? And what will be the format?

Last edited by motorboy (2023-06-13 21:35:48)

#9 2023-06-14 06:40:40

chad2

Very cool tool! Hey motorboy, do you think it's possible / reasonable to combine QuaddictedTool and QMLauncher into one ultimate tool?

I would like too see a way to enlarge screenshot of map.

Nevertheless I think this tool should be featured on the main page of Quaddicted.

#10 2023-06-15 08:38:55

motorboy

Screenshot preview in full size will be added in the next version.
I will combine two utilities into one only after I do everything I have in mind and there will be no errors.

Last edited by motorboy (2023-06-15 08:40:52)

#11 2023-06-17 08:38:15

Spirit
Administrator

motorboy wrote:

I want to ask if it is worth continuing to develop QuaddictedTool and QMLauncher?
In the future, I wanted to combine these two utilities into one, but judging by the number of downloads, these utilities are not of interest to users.
And another question. When is it planned to transfer the Quake Injector database from XML to another format? And what will be the format?

It's always worth developing something if you have fun doing it. Apart from that: No idea. The Quake Injector will need some significant development or even a full replacement (best in PyQt and it must be cross-platform).

Development is off and on, I hope I can get a good chunk done next week actually. But "it's done when it's done".

The data format will be very close to https://github.com/SpiritQuaddicted/Qua … /by-sha256

chad2 wrote:

Nevertheless I think this tool should be featured on the main page of Quaddicted.

I wish the source was available under a free software license otherwise I am hesitant.

#12 2023-06-17 13:36:03

motorboy

Will the database in xml be available after the Quake Injector switch to the new database format? If so, will the base in the xml be updated?

#13 2023-06-24 16:40:47

Spirit
Administrator

Maybe, maybe not :D Someone could write backend code to still provide it, I probably would not do it myself. Shouldn't be too hard but ultimately it will run into problems with releases not being unique by their filenames but hashes instead.

#14 2023-06-24 21:26:42

motorboy

v1.1
> Added preview of the screenshot in a larger size by double clicking.
> If QuaddictedTool is launched from QMLauncher(v1.5.0+) - installed archives are marked in the left column. Archives installed in QMLauncher v1.3+ will be displayed.
   When you hover the mouse over the button (copy archive link) - the tooltip will contain information about the folder in which the archive is installed and the name of the mod in QMLauncherv1.5.0+.
> Added a logo that will be displayed at startup and if the map does not have a screenshot.
> Fixes and optimizations

In the near future, most likely there will be no updates (if there are no bugs). Since in connection with the transition of the Quake injector to a new database, the utility will most likely stop working.

If this happens and I can't adapt the utility to the new database, I'll try to make a method for obtaining the database as in the test version - using page parsing.

#15 2023-06-25 21:13:20

motorboy

Corrected the mistake.
The lable, comment and description were save only for the first 64 cards in the list.
Reuploaded the file.
Who has already downloaded download again.
Unfortunately, the lable comments and description made in the previous version will not be available. I'm sorry.

Last edited by motorboy (2023-06-25 21:26:44)

#16 2023-06-27 13:56:52

hexenlord

hello gents, am I correct to understand that Quaddicted tool v1.1 replaces Qinjector (among other functions)?

Thanks

#17 2023-06-27 22:55:20

chad2

hexenlord wrote:

hello gents, am I correct to understand that Quaddicted tool v1.1 replaces Qinjector (among other functions)?

Thanks

It's not until it's open source or something like that. But you should give it a go. It's awesome.

#18 2023-08-25 03:12:06

JoJoMunkey

I find this more useful than Quake Injector, and hope the author continues to update it.  Two suggestions: the ability to have resizing windows/columns and the option to create a desktop shortcut for the mods you add.

#19 2023-08-25 20:57:28

motorboy

Thanks for the positive feedback.
I won't update this utility yet as it uses a database Quake Injector. According to Spirit, soon the Quake injector will switch to a new database format and therefore this utility will most likely stop working, Maybe I will adapt it to the new database later.
If I manage to adapt the QuaddictedTool to the new database Quake Injector, i want to combine QMLauncher and QuaddictedTool into one application.

About the size of the interface... Increase the DPI of the desktop and then the window and everything else will become larger. Or maybe I'll try to do interface scaling later.

I didn't quite understand about the shortcut on the desktop. Do you want to run the selected mod without launching the QMLauncher like how it is done in the Simple Quake Launcher?
If yes, then I will implement it in the next version of QMLauncher.

Sorry. I don't understand English well and I use Google translate.

Last edited by motorboy (2023-08-25 21:08:24)

#20 2023-08-26 17:40:50

JoJoMunkey

That's a good idea, combining the two apps into one.  I hope you get around to doing it. 

About the DPI thing, I prefer not to change Windows desktop DPI to something higher just for one program because then it affects all my other programs and fonts and makes them oversized.  I'll just deal with it if you can't make resizable/draggable windows for your program.

I meant the option to create a shortcut to the mod for your desktop.  No biggie though.  As long as I have the command line syntax I can always just create my own shortcut to a mod.

#21 2023-08-26 20:29:59

motorboy

Creating a shortcut for the mod on the desktop will add in the next version.
With resizing the window and gadgets, I can’t do anything yet. Lack of knowledge in programming.

#22 2023-08-26 20:56:18

JoJoMunkey

I'm sorry for the confusion but I meant Create a Shortcut to a mod in your other program QMLauncher.  Your program is a useful alternative for me to Quake Injector because QI in 4K resolution has tiny unreadable fonts in the description panel.

Board footer