#26 2012-05-15 18:03:05

Kusanageek

Re: Quake Injector feedback

It works, thanks! Is the ugly palette intentional?

#27 2012-05-16 14:17:53

Spirit
Administrator

Dunno, I guess you mean the ugly pixels? Check my comment on http://www.quaddicted.com/reviews/vile.html

#28 2012-05-16 14:29:53

Kusanageek

Yeah. Well, I'll delete the gfx folder if it's really too much of a pain for my eyes.

#29 2012-06-24 17:14:42

Kusanageek

Rubicon: seems like the game starts with the map itself instead of the start map first.

#30 2012-06-25 07:47:03

negke

All included levels are listed in the maps tab. I suppose the 'problem' is that they are ordered by name, thus the Injector chooses rub2m1 by default instead of start.

#31 2012-06-25 14:15:15

Sprit

the Injector lists them as they are ordered in the backend. I am fairly sure. it loads the top one by default.

#32 2012-06-25 16:37:27

Spirit
Administrator

Ah, in rubicon's case there was no startmap (possible bsp file) specified to the Injector tried "packagename".bsp. I added start and the super secret.

#33 2012-07-11 18:50:04

Bla

As I refuse to install the Java Virtual Machine on my Windows system, I am unable to run this software, which is a bit of a shame as it looks useful.

Any chance you could rebuild it linking to the SDL library or something instead?

Yes, I hate Java that much - I haven't even tried that Minecraft game despite the millions of people talking about that. I'm sure there's plenty of other people out there like me who just won't even run a java app as somehow a .jar executable has become synonymous with malware in my mind.

#34 2012-07-12 16:38:10

Spirit
Administrator

I heard that Oracle wants to offer a way to compile java code into exe files but I have not followed up. Until that happens, this would require a lot of work and is unlikely to happen. I would much rather have people improve the tool itself.

SDL is something completely different.

Java is fine, just make your browser not load it without asking. Running Windows is synonymous with malware in my mind... :P

Sorry!

#35 2012-07-15 05:27:39

Bla

Oh well, thanks for the reply anyway Spirit, I must say you're doing a great service to the community hosting this website man, long live the great Quake haha.

Can I ask: Is there an HTML archive of QuakeDev.com around? That had some nice little QuakeC tutorials and a bunch of other stuff if I remember correctly, sad that it's no longer around.

I've been meaning to learn to code myself for a long time, if I ever do get around to it maybe ill create something Quake related like this as a learning experience.

Cheers.

#36 2012-07-18 14:56:25

Spirit
Administrator

#37 2012-08-01 21:51:46

Kusanageek

Hey,

sm100t_neg!ke gives the usual error: "couldn't spawn on..."

One of these days, we'll get them all!

#38 2012-08-02 16:45:08

Spirit
Administrator

Seems like the Injector does not like that zip filename. Serves negke right. Sorry, I can't fix that. :(

The one from the pack works for me.

#39 2012-08-03 07:27:10

negke

You can't fix it OR YOU DON'T WANT TO? ;) Well, understandable - the lighting is terrible. Still, it's just the old "missing path" error, after all. Fixed now.

#40 2012-08-03 07:50:27

Spirit
Administrator

oops, I really thought it was the ! in the filename. Sorry :D

#41 2012-08-03 08:41:46

negke

On that note, is it possible to run a script that checks the path fields of each database entry and reports those where it's empty?

#42 2012-08-03 16:14:35

Kusanageek

It works, thanks! Next is "Invein", same error.

#43 2012-08-04 10:04:54

Kusanageek

Kusanageek wrote:

Next is "Invein", same error.

You can add veni05a too. Also, on resurrection, it tells me it can't find "thanks_for_playing.bsp" after I finish the map.

I just discovered diggs on the database BTW, this guy is very creative!

#44 2012-08-04 18:36:59

Spirit
Administrator

invein works for me, requires an engine that supports the -nehahra command line switch.
veni05a fixed.
resurrection is the mapper's fault.

Thanks! By the way, you should totally rate maps after you play them. ;)

#45 2012-08-04 18:38:00

Spirit
Administrator

negke:

Remember that it is only needed if the package does NOT install fine straight into the Quake directory. IF there is a directory inside the zip, do not add a zipbasedir.

Thanks!

I excluded *sm*, the list is not sorted.

alk05
alk07
alk10
alk11
alk12
alk13
alk15
alkado
aopfm_v2
aopv105
araivo 
assault
auximine
badpak 
blah1   
boss
chapters
corp2   
drastic
elek_neh_episode4
fantasy
flee
flesh   
fmb100 
fmb_bdg
gibfact
guncotton
haunting
hrim_sp4
hrimspeed
jzspq
jzspq3 
kinn_bastion
kinn_marcher
koohoo 
maelstrm
maelstromv2
marine 
mines   
necrobrood
nehahra
nesp09 
nightjourney_v2
nihilore
phantom
plumber
pse_gl 
qfract-beta1
rapture
rmx-pack
sgq
shoot   
simmer2
sop123 
strom   
sul01   
tsoa
vr
warpspasm
whiteroom
zerdem 
vile
anevilnew
tsd
honey   
virtus

#46 2012-08-05 09:09:22

Kusanageek

Spirit wrote:

invein works for me, requires an engine that supports the -nehahra command line switch.
veni05a fixed.
resurrection is the mapper's fault.

Thanks! By the way, you should totally rate maps after you play them. ;)

Oh, I didn't read well the description for invein. I use those Nehahra maps outside of QI with Darkplaces to not change the engine each time...

Quakespasm should definitely support the -nehahra command :D (or there should be an option to configure two separate engines for the Nehahra case: in my case Darkplaces for Nehahra/addons/maps and Quakespasm for all the other maps).

I should rate them indeed. Map rating would be very convenient inside Quake Injector, to overcome my lazyness.

#47 2012-10-27 10:02:02

Kusanageek

Hey guys,

"couldn't spawn on..." for dmc1 this time.

Cheers.

#48 2012-10-27 17:24:18

negke

Hey. I don't see why it shouldn't work, the db entry looks correct. Does it download and unpack the zip properly?

#49 2012-10-27 21:16:11

Kusanageek

Well, after deleting it and downloading it again, it worked. Perhaps was this fixed between the time I installed it and the time I tested it.

Sorry for the false positive.

#50 2013-04-28 02:50:40

doomguy1987

Hello im new to quake and have downloaded darkplaces, dpmod, rygels high res pack and have purchased a big box copy of quake and have enjoyed it ever since. There is only one problem i really want to extend the gameplay value by playing custom user made maps and Have recently discovered Quake Injector and am having problems running it every time I run the Quakeinjector.jar file the app loads fine but I get this error message
(Database parsing failed! java.net.Socketexception: address family not supported by protocol family: connect)
and for some reason I cant even get quakeinjector-res.jar to run it just gets killed upon selection. Any help fixing this on my end will be greatly appreciated

Board footer