#1 2023-09-05 13:05:30

Boris

Map file in bsp

I've been looking for a long time for a method of converting a map file to bsp, I want you to help me with this.

#2 2023-09-05 13:19:09

Madfox

Re: Map file in bsp

Well.., considering the fact you don't intend to compile a map to bsp, because that's where comailers are for..,

let me ask you what you want exactly?

There is a map2bsp program if you want to convert map parts to a bsp.
Or you can make objects in a map editor and compile them to b_models, like some of the models like torches and ammu are already in the original id pak.
Also did I hear of blender that is capable of returning map constructions to compile to a bsp.

So can you explain more precisely what your intention is with converting a map file to bsp.

#3 2023-09-05 14:08:25

Boris

Madfox wrote:

Well.., considering the fact you don't intend to compile a map to bsp, because that's where comailers are for..,

let me ask you what you want exactly?

There is a map2bsp program if you want to convert map parts to a bsp.
Or you can make objects in a map editor and compile them to b_models, like some of the models like torches and ammu are already in the original id pak.
Also did I hear of blender that is capable of returning map constructions to compile to a bsp.

So can you explain more precisely what your intention is with converting a map file to bsp.

The Trenchbroom map creation program saves maps in map format, but the bsp format is required to run quake. {I can't accurately convey my words to you because the translator is editing them and something may be wrong.}

#4 2023-09-05 14:41:30

map to bsp

#5 2023-09-05 22:48:23

Madfox

#6 2023-09-06 09:42:38

Boris

I have already downloaded that qbsp converter earlier and it does not open on windows 10. the rest of the text didn't help me, however, there will be time, I'll look for something else.

#7 2023-09-06 11:42:28

Madfox

Only the latest Trenchboom 2 alpha has support for build in compilation.
So I guess you search for the latest update for Trenchboom and find in the manual for the right set up.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gONePWocbqA

Last edited by Madfox (2023-09-06 11:44:24)

Board footer