#1 2014-04-10 13:35:56

dbuske2

MH and website missing

MH and the directq website are missing.  What's going on?

#2 2014-07-20 00:10:43

AAS

Re: MH and website missing

Shameless bump.

#3 2014-07-20 07:47:09

Spirit
Administrator

No idea. He posted some things at Inside3D some weeks ago so I sent him a mail asking if I may publish an archive of his site. He never replied and also never posted again. :(

#4 2015-10-05 10:13:38

Mr.Burns

He used to be a regular and valued contributor to the QuakeOne.com website but I get the impression, and it is only guesswork on my part, that he became disinclined to continue there because of some of the behaviors a minority of the members occasionally exhibited. Let's hope he will return although his recent comment (http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-talk/v … post160650) probably wasn't a good sign :(

Last edited by Mr.Burns (2015-10-05 10:14:44)

#5 2015-10-07 14:21:30

onetruepurple
Banned

"And nothing of value was lost."

#6 2015-10-08 09:12:25

Mr.Burns

Hi OTP,
It is just my humble opinion but unfortunately I can't agree with you there. People like MH, Baker, Rook, LH, seven and Golden Boy contributed a lot to the Quake community. If they move on to pastures new, although it may be understandable, there are many in the community that will feel it is a loss.   
On  the other hand you can't please everyone so each to their own I guess :)

Kind regards

Monty

Last edited by Mr.Burns (2015-10-08 09:13:33)

#7 2015-10-08 18:11:53

Cobalt

I considered my self a decent contributor of the community there as well, but even myself too experienced the "disconnect" that I think effects some of the more creative minds there who have left and still are. Golden Boy left, and he was a mod. Lord Havoc sent me a PM there and said the site was a complete mess, and not to expect any kind of more visits there.

At one point I stuck myself out to help a newcomer who never got his posts answered, then I got accused of bringing up Quakeonenetwork as a discussion again, and that if I continued to talk about it, Id basicly be an enemy of the site...no matter how much I was or did contribute.

Seven who mods the SMC qc mod also quit, but I think he leaves and comes back. Its one thing if people who really dont get into the site leave, but when you have guys like Mad Gypsy with over 1000 posts, and they hijack his account on purpose so he cant post and they take ownership of all hes done, you got problems that will only continue. On that note , they follow me over to the Runequake forum and say my complaint about free speech there is "butt hurt" , and that Im merely a Troll.

As far as MH goes, seems like he did some neat stuff with the engine, I didnt get to know him too well while he was there, but he for sure didnt last very long, which says probably hes smarter than me or the others. I say lets support the more skilled people doing stuff like that, but the ones doing the really useful stuff sure seem disappointed.

Maybe Im not as smart as I think and this is all in the master plan to revive Quake again. I guess we will see. :o)

Mr.Burns wrote:

Hi OTP,
It is just my humble opinion but unfortunately I can't agree with you there. People like MH, Baker, Rook, LH, seven and Golden Boy contributed a lot to the Quake community. If they move on to pastures new, although it may be understandable, there are many in the community that will feel it is a loss.   
On  the other hand you can't please everyone so each to their own I guess :)

Kind regards

Monty

Last edited by Cobalt (2015-10-08 18:14:00)

#8 2015-10-09 00:58:51

Madfox

Changing internet provider can make much posts go lame.

Last edited by Madfox (2015-10-09 01:38:02)

Board footer